[LIST] Banking Apps on /e/OS

I had on the Redmi Note 10 an Unofficial /e/ installed
The banking ap from ING worked except ione item could not get mobile pay working
Everytime by installing the mióbile card I got an error ;
Therefore switch back to LOS android 13

Yes, I updated today and it has stopped working! Back to using the website!

1 Like

Sometimes, after an OTA update it is enough to clean the cache and user data of some applications to make them work again.

1 Like

@stanwood , Yeah i thought the same , even tried deleting the app , but still no luck so something has changed.

@ucee10 , was it the update of the OS or the app update that broke it for you ?

1 Like

It was an update to the OS on my FP4 today. I tried uninstalling reinstalling and clearing storage and cache but still no luck.

1 Like

I have the same issue with Nationwide since the update

1 Like

Just tried a fresh install of the Nationwide app from App Lounge on v1.8-s.

The “Loading” screen is displayed and never completes

1 Like

I’ve created an issue on the /e/ gitlab , its hidden from public view as it has my logcat posted , but I’ll update with any news here.

3 Likes

Hi everybody,

Impossible to use N26 due to failed synchronisation.

Has somebody a solution ?

Thank you in advance.

Yep, I just tried the exact same thing, but same result: it still just says “Loading” forever but never loads :sob: :cry: :sob:

I really need my banking app to work.

Thanks. Really hoping this issue can be promptly resolved.

Keep us posted! :pray:

The bug is still present in the 1.9-s-beta builds currently going tested :frowning:

1 Like

This is the gitlab link for the issue , for those who would like to keep track.

All the unnecessary bits have been removed from the log and the issue made public.

3 Likes

Nationwide isn’t working since 1.8 update.

1 Like

Regarding Nationwide (I don’t use it), if it was working before 1.8 but not now, has anyone checked Advanced Privacy’s tracker blocking.
I only mention it because of the Outlook situation where that app worked fine before 1.8 and then not because of stricter blocking.
Might not be the case but a look see may be warranted.

1 Like

@marcdw please see the raised gitlab issue 3 posts ago

@Arm please read the dozen or so comments before yours and the raised gitlab issue regarding Nationwide

2 Likes

Brilliant, thanks for the heads up. I wish my developers in work were this on the ball :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I cannot set-up the Triodos UK banking app (which is rather annoyingly the only way you can apply for new Triodos accounts). It was all going fine, but once it gets to the bit where it wants to record my face it says “Please install Google Play Services” so I’m stumped.

1 Like

Yeah, if you look at the GitLab issue it’s been marked for 1.10-beta milestone which sounds a Long Way Away :cry:

I know nothing really, but I don’t understand why a fix can’t be rolled out as an update to 1.8.

It could be done, but that is not how /e/ operate.They do regular updates, containing as many tested fixes as are available when the build is due. Unless a defect in a particular build is a “showstopper” (i.e. some core functionality is broken in build 1.n, with no possible workaround") then they won’t do a 1.n.1: the fix will wait until the 1.n+1 or - more likely the 1.n+2 build when it has been properly tested.

Other organisations may do things differently, but that’s the model /e/ have adopted, and it has a lot going for it :slight_smile:

This issue - while it may be annoying for users of the UK Nationwide banking app - doesn’t really count as a “showstopper”

1 Like