[LIST] Banking Apps on /e/OS

Fair enough, I guess.

It’s a bit flippant to dismiss a loss of established functionality as annoying. I find it a bit more than annoying.

1 Like

I’m sure you do, and I would too if I were using the app on /e/OS. But the fact remains that, for a number of reasons, it’s not a bug that qualifies as a “showstopper” or merits a new 1.n.1 release, which a: risks causing problems by the fix not being properly tested, and b: delays the release of the next scheduled version.

Thanks for the additional explanation, but you’ve already stated its not a showstopper, and I don’t dispute that decision or the rationale for making that decision. I also accept the fact that the new bug created by the update isn’t going to be patched and we’ll have to wait for a future update. Repeating that wasn’t productive, I understood the first time.

What I don’t accept is your flippancy around it being annoying for users. It’s more than annoying to lose previously reliable functionality in a commercial product that I paid for, and was using day to day to support my work. Your unhelpful response is making me less likely to replace this e/OS phone with another.

I hope that better illustrates my level of dissatisfaction and hopefully you’ll understand that this is more than a mere annoyance.

Firstly, none my posts in this thread were in response to you: there were responses to posts by @GreyLinux and @jdaviescoates .

Secondly, I really don’t care whether you “accept” what you choose to see as flippancy, and what I choose to see as having a sense of proportion about what, in reality, and in the grand scheme of things, is a relatively minor problem. Feel free to not accept it - I can probably live with the consequences :slight_smile:

Really? You would let your high level of “dissatisfaction” with the comments of a forum user who has no formal connection to /e/ affect your decision about what phone and what phone OS to select? You clearly do see it as more than a mere annoyance, but you really might want to check out your own sense of proportion and perspective. The phrase “Get over yourself!”, springs to my mind for some reason.

You might also want to find out how easy it is to mute a forum user whose views, posts, or attitude upset , offend, or bore you. (Open that user’s profile, and select ‘Muted’ from the drop-down box which defaults to 'Normal`). I am about to use that facility :wink: Good night!

1 Like

mobi.inthepocket.bcmc.bancontact

This app does not work on this OS e
It is the most widely used payment app in Belgium

It would be nice if this ever works out.
Only then I can inform friends about this fine degoogled daily use.

Is this the right place to ask this question?

ING (DiBa) App for Germany works well without restrictions.

It took longer than anticipated, but we finally finished our analysis of which all Slovenian mobile banks work with /e/OS as well as online banks (text in Slovenian)

Relevant for this thread is that the following bank apps work on /e/OS out of the box:

• Addiko bank – Addiko Mobile Slovenija (tested)
  • Delavska hranilnica – DH Mobilni (tested) (note: their other app “DH Denarnik” does not work though)
  • DeĹželna banka Slovenije – mDBS (tested)
  • N Banka – Mobilna N Banka (bank claims it should work, it is in Huawei store)
  • Banka Sparkasse – M.Stik (is in Huawei store, should work, bank says they don’t guarantee it though)
  • NLB – Klikin (tested) (note: their other app “NLB Pay” does not work though)
  • Nova KBM – mBank@Net & mDenarnic@ (tested)
  • UniCredit Banka Slovenija – Mobila Banka Go! (tested)

In addition many banks use the following app for 2FA for their online banks as well as for 3D Secure:

• Rekono OnePass (tested)

For all Nationwide Banking app users the new update to /e/ 1.9 , fixes the app , it now works as expected.

3 Likes

LCL (Le Credit Lyonnais) works well without restrictions: v5.12.0

e1.9

RBC Canada working.
Was not working when I tested last I think e1.5.

1 Like

Thanks, I just came here to say exactly that! Hooray! :tada:

1 Like

Hi

Belgium:

• KBC mobile banking app works fine apart from the QR code reader. It has camera access but does not recognize QR codes.

I am on a FP3+

1.9.1-s-20230405276851-stable-FP3

I have a problem setting up my Triodos banking app for The Netherlands. It’s the exact problem described in the list for the UK version. When setting up the app on a device with /e/OS it asks to install Google Play Services. But MicroG does what Google Play Services does, isn’t that right?
I really want the Triodos banking app to work on my /e/OS device. What can I do?

1 Like

Same problem here for the Dutch version.

1 Like

Complain to Triodos.

I complained both that the app doesn’t work on DeGoogled phones, and that you can only open new accounts using the app, both incongruent their stated ethical values.

2 Likes

I just sent an email to Triodos Bank Netherlands with my complaint.

1 Like

Would you share their reply here? Much appreciated!

Will do. I think, when they are willing to re-activate my Digipass, I can register the app anyway and after that, use a pincode for further usage (within the app or at my pc). That happened to one of our fellows here, so I will try that too. I won´t go back to the stock Android in order to get the app working. Luckily, I have the app on the former phone, so I can do banking at the moment. I would be very frustrated if I had wiped that phone.

Perhaps this could help
Did this in a rom with MicroG and mobile pay was working

goto magisk setting enable zygisk and denylist after this on installation section install these two module https://t.me/UnmoveDsquad/1144?single

After this goto termux give root permission by typing " su "
Type props after this edit device fingerprints by typing 1
Select f
Select redmi
Select redmi note 10 pro
Reboot