Looking for some BUILDERS to teach / guide me

hi, i start a radical_slim_custom_build :

vendorsetup.sh

#!/bin/bash
#######################################################################################
export EOS_CCACHE_DIR=/home/antec/android/e/ccache/eos
export EOS_USE_CCACHE=true
export EOS_CCACHE_SIZE=100G
export EOS_DEVICE=serranoltexx
export EOS_SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=restricted
export EOS_BRANCH_NAME=“v1-r”
export EOS_MINI_APPS=true
export EOS_RELEASE_TYPE=“CUSTOM_SLIM”
########### extendrom section ###########
$PWD/vendor/extendrom/get_prebuilts.sh
export ENABLE_EXTENDROM=true
export EXTENDROM_PACKAGES=“noApps noGmsCore noFakeStore noMozillaNlpBackend noNominatimNlpBackend noGsfProxy noPicoTTS noeSpeakTTS noMagicEarth noPdfViewer noOpenWeatherMapWeatherProvider”

@aibd, do i need to add vendor/e/ from steadfasterFX in the local manifest because this error ?

antec@antec-p6-2038fr:~/android/e/R$ source build/envsetup.sh > envsetup_01.txt
bash: /home/antec/android/e/R/vendor/extendrom/get_prebuilts.sh: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

or simply and fastidiously create a vendor/extendrom/get_prebuilts.sh ?
envsetup_01.txt say : including device/samsung/serranoltexx/vendorsetup.sh

awaiting some inputs on this subject, i tried a “classic” MINIMAL_APPS build, but with the same result as for the precedent “normal” FULL_APPS build :

Out of space? Out of inodes? The tree size of /home/antec/android/e/R/out/soong/.temp/tmp9wfvCO is 1909398528 bytes (1820 MB), with reserved space of 0 bytes (0 MB).
The max image size for filesystem files is 1572864000 bytes (1500 MB), out of a total partition size of 1572864000 bytes (1500 MB).

Sorry to miss the live event ! As output size is unchanged I have to think that MINIMAL_APPS was not applied ?

Yes you do, otherwise nothing with a EOS_ can happen.

Did your /e/ build rewrite your device.xml with a roomservice.xml, if yes we can say that is a good manifest – then two more projects in your proposed build:

<!-- vendor extendrom
    ##################################################### -->
  <remote name="sfX" fetch="https://github.com/sfX-Android/" />
  <project path="vendor/extendrom" name="android_vendor_extendrom" remote="sfX" revision="main" />
<!-- /e/ vendor repo
  <project path="vendor/e" name="steadfasterX/android_vendor_e" remote="e" revision="v1-r" />

It was as I was learning to set up vendor_e properly that I depended on envsetup.txt and breakfast output to see that my environment was correct. My last envset.txt https://paste.tchncs.de/upload/falcon-crow-eagle

(Unexplained, but I found that you should get the environment right before you call envset.txt)

I find you have to be fussy with consistent use of “quote marks” for variables.

Interesting footnote envsetup.txt confirms the use of

ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx9G"

On your machine I would start at 5G (the default in your OS may be 2G insufficient)

I never edited that, the readme at that location explains better than me !

Did not get the workstation with 32gb yet, so I may go with 8gb and older i7 for now too…

Found this on github, also recommendations for zram there

Workarounds for building Q on 8GB RAM environment:

1. At the start of the build:
    [ 99% 138/139] /mnt/ssd/aosip/out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build /mnt/ssd/aosip/out/soong/build.ninja
    This used to take around 30mins, after enabling zram now it takes around 30secs (thanks to @kdrag0n for the zram idea) which is on par with what happens in 16GB RAM building environments

sudo apt install zram-config for installing zram-config package
sudo nano /etc/fstab and add a # in front of the swap disk if you have one and then reboot
After booting cat /proc/swaps to check if zram is enabled or not

1. To avoid huge metalava compilation times, compile the api-stubs-docs and other packages manually first then continue with mka bacon etc

For example this is what I’m using now in aosip:
. build/envsetup.sh && lunch aosip_wayne-userdebug && mka api-stubs-docs && mka hiddenapi-lists-docs && mka system-api-stubs-docs && mka test-api-stubs-docs && mka kronic

Each of those api-stubs-docs, hiddenapi-lists-docs etc took around 4-7 mins
Increasing of heap from soong directory or other env exports are not required

Total combined build time in my system (Ryzen 1600 with a 8gb ddr4 stick) is around 2hrs now compared to 5hrs previously

For errors while building metalava check #metalava

Workarounds for building R on 8GB RAM environment:

1. At the start of the build:
    [ 99% 138/139] /mnt/ssd/lineage/out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build /mnt/ssd/lineage/out/soong/build.ninja
    This used to take around 30mins, after enabling zram now it takes around 30secs (thanks to @kdrag0n for the zram idea) which is on par with what happens in 16GB RAM building environments

sudo apt install zram-config for installing zram-config package
sudo nano /etc/fstab and add a # in front of the swap disk if you have one and then reboot
After booting cat /proc/swaps to check if zram is enabled or not

1. To avoid issues while building metalava (outOfMemoryException: java heap space)
    Pick this commit → https://github.com/verNANDo57/android_build_soong/commit/5743f1ba9d95ff9c1f418066dcfdde9197c53a5a

2. To avoid huge metalava compilation times, compile the api-stubs-docs and other packages manually first then continue with mka bacon etc

For example this is what I’m using now in LineageOS:
. build/envsetup.sh && lunch lineage_joyeuse-userdebug & mka api-stubs-docs & mka module-lib-api-stubs-docs & mka system-api-stubs-docs & mka test-api-stubs-docs & mka bacon

Each of those api-stubs-docs, module-lib-api-stubs-docs etc took around 4-7 mins
Increasing of heap from soong directory or other env exports are not required

sorry guys, i feel that my eyes are too tired…
interested by zRAM, lost in steadfasterFX documentation and no more understanding forein language (english nor linux)
i will stop for now with building and PC
and probably come back sunday evening
even following the forum from far on my s4mini during the childs’s week-end.

In CUSTOM_SLIM-bacon Post #1 you will see I did extra minimal apps a different way by editing /vendor/lineage/config/common.mk – If you experiment with this method you would not need to call or setup extendrom.

that’s a neat workaround, just compiling those repos first. But if it catches on you’ll juggle more and more of them. I did pickup on hardcoded metalava heap sizes before for low mem builders - and how to set your own - [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Samsung Galaxy S6 (zerofltexx) - #59 by tcecyk

I also see secondhand 16GB DDR3 DIMM go for < 20€, making zram or soong edits moot

1 Like

The i7 / 8gb are the limit, as it’s a maxed out notebook… good enough for daily stuff and to SSH into this workstation, which I will run headless.

Also nice to read, how higher Android versions work on low CPU systems, due to some tweaking
Thanks for linking

@piero

have fun :grinning:

And as my 5 year old was looking for some stuff I saw my old PC stowed away long time ago:

Operating System: KDE neon
Processors: 4 × AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
Memory: 11.1 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD KABINI
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Will go with 2 × 320Gb SSDs in a zfs - stripe, zRam, try docker and as you know I also like older Samsung’s, so maybe we get to work on those together…

Got it to 16Gb RAM and just a single 500Gb SSD; minimal Ubuntu 22.04 Server and Docker from snaps

Seeing:

curl --fail --output /srv/src/R/.repo/projects/external/dagger2.git/clone.bundle.tmp…
curl --fail --output /srv/src/R/.repo/projects/cts.git/clone.bundle.tmp…
curl --fail --output /srv/src/R/.repo/projects/external/deqp-deps/glslang.git/clone.bundle.tmp…

So I’m not sure how things will turn out, but I got started

0[||||||||||||                                                             12.9%]   Tasks: 47, 67 thr; 2 running
    1[||||||||||                                                               10.7%]   Load average: 0.39 0.81 0.83
    2[|||||||||||||||||                                                        20.7%]   Uptime: 00:43:17
    3[|||||||                                                                   6.7%]
  Mem[|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||         745M/15.1G]
  Swp[                                                                      0K/23.5G]

$ swapon
NAME       TYPE      SIZE USED PRIO
/dev/sdc3  partition  16G   0B   -2
/dev/zram0 partition 7.5G   0B    5

Edit 8 hours later:

@piero Docker-Way gave no problems so far

$ sudo docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                                                  COMMAND                  CREATED       STATUS       PORTS     NAMES
e3d1ecb2cba4   registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community   "/bin/sh -c /root/in…"   8 hours ago   Up 8 hours             goofy_jemison
make@hp-s1:~$ sudo docker attach e3d1ecb2cba4

... A new version of repo (2.36) is available.
... You should upgrade soon:
    cp /srv/src/R/.repo/repo/repo /usr/local/bin/repo

>> [Sat Sep 16 06:41:07 UTC 2023] Starting build for jactivelte, v1.14-r branch
>> [Sat Sep 16 06:41:07 UTC 2023] ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx16G
>> [Sat Sep 16 06:41:07 UTC 2023] Switch to Python2

0[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||100.0%]   Tasks: 70, 136 thr; 4 running
    1[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||100.0%]   Load average: 8.83 7.36 5.38
    2[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||100.0%]   Uptime: 10:05:51
    3[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||100.0%]
  Mem[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||   2.71G/15.1G]
  Swp[|                                                                        8.00M/23.5G]
128270 root       20   0 2132M 97536 39280 S 177.  0.6  8:29.69 prebuilts/clang-tools/linux-x86/bin/versioner -o out/soong/ndk/sysroot/usr/include bionic/libc/include bionic/libc/versioner 
131601 root       20   0  346M  307M 35176 R 41.8  2.0  0:42.37 prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r383902b1/bin/clang++.real -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -Wno-null-pointer 
131687 root       20   0  177M  139M 33812 R 44.4  0.9  0:25.09 prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r383902b1/bin/clang++.real -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -Wno-null-pointer 
128545 root       20   0 2132M 97536 39280 R 46.3  0.6  2:07.10 prebuilts/clang-tools/linux-x86/bin/versioner -o out/soong/ndk/sysroot/usr/include bionic/libc/include bionic/libc/versioner 
128546 root       20   0 2132M 97536 39280 R 44.4  0.6  2:07.19 prebuilts/clang-tools/linux-x86/bin/versioner -o out/soong/ndk/sysroot/usr/include bionic/libc/include bionic/libc/versioner 
128548 root       20   0 2132M 97536 39280 R 43.7  0.6  2:07.74 prebuilts/clang-tools/linux-x86/bin/versioner -o out/soong/ndk/sysroot/usr/include bionic/libc/include bionic/libc/versioner 
131700 root       20   0  175M  137M 33760 R 43.7  0.9  0:21.42 prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r383902b1/bin/clang++.real -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -Wno-null-pointer 
131675 root       20   0  177M  140M 34156 R 44.4  0.9  0:29.38 prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r383902b1/bin/clang++.real -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -Wno-null-pointer 
131727 root       20   0  155M  118M 33748 R 45.0  0.8  0:17.17 prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-r383902b1/bin/clang++.real -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -Wno-null-pointer

@piero Docker-Way for this device went through, I got a build (my first)
So thanks to the Team who put all this together!

As my old AMD A6-5200 is a mobile quad-core SoC for low-end laptops from 2013,
I did not think it would make it — well at least I got it up to 16Gb Ram.

I could write a tiny howto, on how I put the system together — minimal Ubuntu Server 22.04 + Docker from Snaps!?

Package Complete: out/target/product/jactivelte/e-1.14-r-20230916-UNOFFICIAL-jactivelte.zip

build completed successfully (16:46:12 (hh:mm:ss))

[Sat Sep 16 23:34:24 UTC 2023] Moving build artifacts for jactivelte to ‘/srv/zips/jactivelte’
[Sat Sep 16 23:34:37 UTC 2023] Finishing build for jactivelte
[Sat Sep 16 23:34:37 UTC 2023] Cleaning source dir for device jactivelte
23:34:42 ************************************************************
23:34:42 You are building on a machine with 15.1GB of RAM
23:34:42
23:34:42 The minimum required amount of free memory is around 16GB,
23:34:42 and even with that, some configurations may not work.
23:34:42
23:34:42 If you run into segfaults or other errors, try reducing your
23:34:42 -j value.
23:34:42 ************************************************************
23:35:46 Entire build directory removed.

CPU & RAM

Edit: And flashed and tested on the device now:

1 Like

hi, i am back for some hours.

i have some points to clarify :

@make-nz

1. in “nmon”, i only see activity on my main Hard Drive sdc1 (/) and sdc3 (swap). i don’t see any activity on my dedicated to /e/build Hard Drive sdb1 (where sources are stored) is it because it is mounted in “/home/antec” ( for permissions reasons) and not to directly “/” ? do ineed to mount it directly to “/” ( but with user permissions)

@make-nz
2. is it usefull to setup zRAM and how ?

@aibd

3. is my local_manifest is good ? <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- KERNEL
#####################################################-->

<project path="kernel/samsung/msm8930-common"
         name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common" 
         remote="github" 
         revision="lineage-18.1" />

<!-- DEVICE TREES

<project path="device/samsung/qcom-common"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_qcom-common"
         remote="github"

<project path="device/samsung/msm8930-common"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8930-common"
         remote="github"

<project path="device/samsung/serrano-common"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_serrano-common"
         remote="github"

<project path="device/samsung/serranoltexx"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_serranoltexx"
         remote="github"

<project path="device/samsung/serranoltespr"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_serranoltespr"
         remote="github"
         revision="lineage-17.1" />

<project path="device/samsung/serranolteusc"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_serranolteusc"
         remote="github"
         revision="lineage-17.1" />

<!-- HARDWARE
<project path="hardware/samsung"
         name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung"
         remote="github" />

<!-- /e/ vendor repo
<project path="vendor/samsung"
         name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung"
         remote="github"
         depth="1" />

<project path="vendor/e"
         name="steadfasterX/android_vendor_e"
         remote="e"
         revision="v1-r" />

<!-- vendor extendrom
<remote  name="sfX"
         fetch="https://github.com/sfX-Android/" />

<project path="vendor/extendrom"
         name="android_vendor_extendrom"
         remote="sfX"
         revision="main" />

(from my point of view, i see two devices with 17.1 branch instead of 18.1)

@aibd

4. is my vendor.sh is good ?

#!/bin/bash
#######################################################################################
export EOS_RELEASE_TYPE=“UNOFFICIAL”
export MINIMAL_APPS=“$EOS_MINI_APPS”
export RECOVERY_IMG=“$EOS_SAVE_RECOVERY”
export EOS_INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=true

export EXTENDROM_PACKAGES="noMagicEarth noVOSK noPicoTTS noeSpeakTTS noPdfViewer

(from my point of view, there are indefinified strings)

Your vendor_e and extendrom should be as post #122. Did you not get to save a roomservice.xml from a previous build ?

revision="lineage-18.1" | revision="lineage-17.1"

Is ^^ required ?

I don’t think you can hash lines out with #, better <!-- unreadable -->

White space … in chunks, is not usually seen in .xml format https://www.oracle.com/technical-resources/articles/wang-whitespace.html

Must include

<manifest> | </manifest>

they are.

i don’t understand.

have deleted the lines.

have corrected.

i think it does.

In general one would attempt a first build where the available components for the whole project were the same Android version. Then Android version can be set with repo init.

You did your research, so I should assume it is correct.

Here is an example where I attempted to mix revisions
  <project path="device/samsung/universal7870-common" remote="samsungexynos7870" name="android_device_samsung_universal7870-common" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project path="kernel/samsung/exynos7870" remote="samsungexynos7870" name="android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870" revision="master" />

in my local_manifest, i have deleted reference to the two additional devices covered by the build codename but with outdated branch (serranoltespr and serranolteusc) because repo sync stay stuck for a while at 99% related to those devices

find: ‘/home/antec/android/e/R/out/target/product’: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
find: ‘/home/antec/android/e/R/out/target/product’: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

because there is no existing /out/target folder.

source build/envsetup.sh > envsetup_01.txt

including device/samsung/serranoltexx/vendorsetup.sh

************************************************** STARTING EXTENDROM **************************************************

ENABLE_EXTENDROM: true
EXTENDROM_PACKAGES: noMagicEarth noVOSK noPicoTTS noeSpeakTTS noPdfViewer
EOS_EDITION:
EXTENDROM_SIGNING_PATCHES:
EXTENDROM_SIGNATURE_SPOOFING:
EXTENDROM_SIGSPOOF_RESET:
EXTENDROM_SIGSPOOF_FORCE_PDIR:
EXTENDROM_TARGET_VERSION: 11
EXTENDROM_TARGET_PRODUCT: aosp
SRC_TOP: ./
EXTENDROM_PRODUCT_DEVICE=generic
EXTENDROM_BOOT_DEBUG=
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH=/data/vendor_de (will be suffixed with /boot_debug)
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH_SIZE_FULL=5000 KB
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH_SIZE_CRASH=500 KB
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH_SIZE_KERNEL=500 KB
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH_SIZE_SELINUX=500 KB
e[0;31mERROR: missing required binary: aapte[0m

e[0;31mbash stack trace (first occurence is likely where you should look at):e[0m

e[0;31mERROR: last command ended with status >1< at line >142<e[0m
including vendor/e/vendorsetup.sh

[lun. 18 sept. 2023 06:28:21 CEST] Reset variables finished
including device/samsung/serranoltexx/vendorsetup.sh

************************************************** STARTING EXTENDROM **************************************************

ENABLE_EXTENDROM: true
EXTENDROM_PACKAGES: noMagicEarth noVOSK noPicoTTS noeSpeakTTS noPdfViewer
EOS_EDITION:
EXTENDROM_SIGNING_PATCHES:
EXTENDROM_SIGNATURE_SPOOFING:
EXTENDROM_SIGSPOOF_RESET:
EXTENDROM_SIGSPOOF_FORCE_PDIR:
EXTENDROM_TARGET_VERSION: 11
EXTENDROM_TARGET_PRODUCT: aosp
SRC_TOP: ./
EXTENDROM_PRODUCT_DEVICE=generic
EXTENDROM_BOOT_DEBUG=
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH=/data/vendor_de (will be suffixed with /boot_debug)
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH_SIZE_FULL=5000 KB
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH_SIZE_CRASH=500 KB
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH_SIZE_KERNEL=500 KB
EXTENDROM_DEBUG_PATH_SIZE_SELINUX=500 KB
e[0;31mERROR: missing required binary: aapte[0m

e[0;31mbash stack trace (first occurence is likely where you should look at):e[0m

e[0;31mERROR: last command ended with status >1< at line >142<e[0m
including vendor/e/vendorsetup.sh
… auto-detected CPU count: 4
… will use this thread count: 3
not exporting special var CCACHE_COMPRESS as it is an unset variable
not exporting special var CCACHE_NOCOMPRESS as it is an unset variable
emptied MIRROR ><
emptied OTA_URL ><
emptied CUSTOM_PACKAGES ><

!!!
******** /e/ - set JAVA ********
!!!

[lun. 18 sept. 2023 06:28:36 CEST] Determining correct OpenJDK version for v1-r
… checking if we need to switch Java version
… skipping touching java as we use a shipped one (/home/antec/android/e/R/prebuilts/jdk/jdk11/linux-x86)
[lun. 18 sept. 2023 06:28:36 CEST] Using Java JDK /home/antec/android/e/R/prebuilts/jdk/jdk11/linux-x86

!!!
******** /e/ - INIT ********
!!!

[lun. 18 sept. 2023 06:28:36 CEST] Preparing build environment
[lun. 18 sept. 2023 06:28:36 CEST] DEBUG: ROOT_DIR is set to: >/home/antec/android/e/R/.e/root<
Set cache size limit to 100.0 GB

!!!
******** /e/ - POSTSYNC ********
!!!

[lun. 18 sept. 2023 06:28:36 CEST] Setting “UNOFFICIAL” as release type
[lun. 18 sept. 2023 06:28:36 CEST] Adding keys path (/home/antec/android/e/R/.e/keys)
Switch back to Python3

============================================
/e/ build variables:

EOS_DEVICE=“serranoltexx”
DEBUG_LOG=“/home/antec/android/e/R/.e/logs/e-20230918-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.log”
_MAX_THREADS=“3”
MAX_THREADS_ARG=“-j 3”
USE_CCACHE=“1”
CCACHE_EXEC=“/usr/bin/ccache”
CCACHE_DIR=“/home/antec/android/e/ccache/eos”
CCACHE_SIZE=“100G”
CCACHE_COMPRESS=“”
CCACHE_NOCOMPRESS=“true”
CCACHE_COMPRESSLEVEL=“6”
BRANCH_NAME=“v1-r”
RELEASE_TYPE=“UNOFFICIAL”
REPO=“https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases.git
MIRROR=“”
OTA_URL=“”
USER_NAME=“xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”
USER_MAIL="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@murena.io"
INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=“false”
BUILD_OVERLAY=“false”
LOCAL_MIRROR=“false”
CRONTAB_TIME=“now”
CLEAN_AFTER_BUILD=“false”
CLEAN_BEFORE_BUILD=“false”
WITH_SU=“false”
ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS=“-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx8G”
CUSTOM_PACKAGES=“”
SIGN_BUILDS=“true”
KEYS_SUBJECT=“/C=DE/ST=Somewhere/L=Somewhere/O=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/OU=e/CN=eOS/emailAddress=android@android.local”
KEYS_SUBJECT=“/C=DE/ST=Somewhere/L=Somewhere/O=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/OU=e/CN=eOS/emailAddress=android@android.local”
ZIP_SUBDIR=“true”
LOGS_SUBDIR=“true”
SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=“restricted”
DELETE_OLD_ZIPS=“0”
DELETE_OLD_LOGS=“0”
EOS_BUILD_DATE=“20230918”
TMP_DIR=“/home/antec/android/e/R/.e/tmp”
ZIP_DIR=“/home/antec/android/e/R/.e/zips/serranoltexx”
SYNC_RESET=“0”
KEYS_DIR=“/home/antec/android/e/R/.e/keys”
MINIMAL_APPS=“true”

This is true before the build starts !

Look for a clue in build/envsetup.sh line 142 reads local T=$(gettop).

The subject was

# check to see if the supplied product is one we can build
function check_product()
e[0;31m    <e[0m

are to do with Git shell coloring

.repo/local_manifest/eos.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- KERNEL

<project path="kernel/samsung/msm8930-common"
         name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common" 
         remote="github" 

<!-- DEVICE TREES

<project path="device/samsung/qcom-common"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_qcom-common"
         remote="github"

<project path="device/samsung/msm8930-common"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8930-common"
         remote="github"

<project path="device/samsung/serrano-common"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_serrano-common"
         remote="github"

<project path="device/samsung/serranoltexx"
         name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_serranoltexx"
         remote="github"

<!-- HARDWARE
<project path="hardware/samsung"
         name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung"
         remote="github" />

<!-- /e/ vendor repo
<project path="vendor/samsung"
         name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung"
         remote="github"
         depth="1" />

<project path="vendor/e"
         name="steadfasterX/android_vendor_e"
         remote="e"
         revision="v1-r" />

<!-- vendor extendrom
<remote  name="sfX"
         fetch="https://github.com/sfX-Android/" />

<project path="vendor/extendrom"
         name="android_vendor_extendrom"
         remote="sfX"
         revision="main" />

OK

/device/samsung/serranoltexx/vendorsetup.sh

#!/bin/bash
export EOS_RELEASE_TYPE=“UNOFFICIAL”
export MINIMAL_APPS=“$EOS_MINI_APPS”
export RECOVERY_IMG=“$EOS_SAVE_RECOVERY”

export EXTENDROM_PACKAGES=“noMagicEarth noVOSK noPicoTTS noeSpeakTTS noPdfViewer”

discutable because :

/build/envsetup.sh

so i continue with

`breakfast serranoltexx`

antec@antec-p6-2038fr:~/android/e/R$ breakfast serranoltexx
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/serranoltexx
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/serrano-common
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/qcom-common
Looking for dependencies in hardware/samsung
hardware/samsung has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in device/samsung/msm8930-common
device/samsung/msm8930-common has no additional dependencies.
Looking for dependencies in kernel/samsung/msm8930-common
kernel/samsung/msm8930-common has no additional dependencies.

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=11
LINEAGE_VERSION=1.15""-r-20230918-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx
TARGET_PRODUCT=lineage_serranoltexx
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-5.15.0-83-generic-x86_64-Ubuntu-20.04.6-LTS
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=RQ3A.211001.001
OUT_DIR=out
PRODUCT_SOONG_NAMESPACES=vendor/samsung/serrano-common device/samsung/serrano-common vendor/samsung/serranoltexx hardware/qcom-caf/msm8960 vendor/qcom/opensource/data-ipa-cfg-mgr vendor/qcom/opensource/dataservices packages/apps/Bluetooth
WITH_SU=false

and

mka eos

result in "out of system space"

Out of space? Out of inodes? The tree size of /home/antec/android/e/R/out/soong/.temp/tmpdSgQ9X is 1771503616 bytes (1689 MB), with reserved space of 0 bytes (0 MB).
The max image size for filesystem files is 1572864000 bytes (1500 MB), out of a total partition size of 1572864000 bytes (1500 MB).
12:44:33 ninja failed with: exit status 1

failed to build some targets (05:30:05 (hh:mm:ss))

but difference is less than the last time

Out of space? Out of inodes? The tree size of /home/antec/android/e/R/out/soong/.temp/tmpP4gD4X is 1909393408 bytes (1820 MB), with reserved space of 0 bytes (0 MB).

Your extendrom list has not knocked out sufficient “weight”. It is not linear but check the “weight” of prebuilts here Looking for some BUILDERS to teach / guide me - #79 by aibd. (Browser is large but not that large !)

I think MINIMAL_APP=true already eliminated MagicEarth and PdfViewer. I mentioned already the different permutations I tried with this link Looking for some BUILDERS to teach / guide me - #126 by aibd

1 Like