My unsupported devices todo list and non-successful devices overview list

Can anyone help, I tried for Samsung J8 j8y18lte again but go this error. I already have minimal apps builds and strangely the max. image size seems to be sufficient (>3GB)

Out of space? Out of inodes? The tree size of /home/ronnz/eOS_R/out/soong/.temp/tmp9mRygj is 1660874752 bytes (1583 MB), with reserved space of 0 bytes (0 MB).
The max image size for filesystem files is 3397386240 bytes (3240 MB), out of a total partition size of 3397386240 bytes (3240 MB).
11:58:37 ninja failed with: exit status 1

I had a run of that! “Out of space? Out of inodes?” If one is not out of space, maybe one is out of inodes?

I changed drive, problem goes away. There are complex rules about inodes, but the drive itself did not appear “oversaturated” by inodes.

After a while I found a common cause by searching further up the logs.

Here is one
mke2fs 1.45.4 (23-Sep-2019)
Creating filesystem with 338944 4k blocks and 84832 inodes
Filesystem UUID: 6a51d487-61cc-5551-ac25-a23c481e0f63
Superblock backups stored on blocks: 
	32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912

Allocating group tables: done                            
Writing inode tables: done                            
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done 

__populate_fs: Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem while writing file "z
ip"
e2fsdroid: Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem while populating file sys
tem
2024-03-14 10:29:48 - add_img_to_target_files.py - ERROR   : 
   ERROR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/iain/e-on-R/out/host/linux-x86/bin/add_img_to_target_files/add_img
_to_target_files.py", line 999, in <module>
_to_target_files.py", line 993, in main
_to_target_files.py", line 849, in AddImagesToTargetFiles
_to_target_files.py", line 180, in AddSystem
_to_target_files.py", line 398, in CreateImage
  File "/home/iain/e-on-R/out/host/linux-x86/bin/add_img_to_target_files/build_i
mage.py", line 489, in BuildImage
    mkfs_output = BuildImageMkfs(in_dir, prop_dict, out_file, target_out, fs_con
fig)
  File "/home/iain/e-on-R/out/host/linux-x86/bin/add_img_to_target_files/build_i
mage.py", line 345, in BuildImageMkfs
    mkfs_output = common.RunAndCheckOutput(build_command)
  File "/home/iain/e-on-R/out/host/linux-x86/bin/add_img_to_target_files/common.
py", line 281, in RunAndCheckOutput
    args, proc.returncode, output))
ExternalError: Failed to run command '['mkuserimg_mke2fs', '-s', '/home/iain/e-o
n-R/out/soong/.temp/tmpqhE26r', '/home/iain/e-on-R/out/target/product/bacon/obj/
PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_bacon-target_files-eng.iain/IMAGES/
system.img', 'ext4', '/', '1388314624', '-j', '0', '-T', '1230768000', '-C', '/h
ome/iain/e-on-R/out/soong/.temp/merged_fs_configzGlvFs.txt', '-B', '/home/iain/e
-on-R/out/target/product/bacon/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_
bacon-target_files-eng.iain/IMAGES/system.map', '-L', '/', '-M', '0', '-U', '6a5
1d487-61cc-5551-ac25-a23c481e0f63', '-S', '2bb7c9b4-142c-53ee-a802-fa713b9966ae'
, '--inode_size', '256', '/home/iain/e-on-R/out/target/product/bacon/obj/PACKAGI
NG/target_files_intermediates/lineage_bacon-target_files-eng.iain/META/file_cont
exts.bin']' (exit code 4):
10:29:46 mkuserimg_mke2fs.py INFO: Env: {'E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME': '1230768000', 'M
KE2FS_CONFIG': '/home/iain/e-on-R/out/soong/.temp/tmpH8fHVX'}
10:29:46 mkuserimg_mke2fs.py INFO: Running: mke2fs -O ^has_journal -L / -I 256 -
M / -m 0 -U 6a51d487-61cc-5551-ac25-a23c481e0f63 -E android_sparse,hash_seed=2bb
7c9b4-142c-53ee-a802-fa713b9966ae -t ext4 -b 4096 /home/iain/e-on-R/out/target/p
roduct/bacon/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_bacon-target_files
-eng.iain/IMAGES/system.img 338944
10:29:46 mkuserimg_mke2fs.py INFO: Env: {'E2FSPROGS_FAKE_TIME': '1230768000'}
10:29:46 mkuserimg_mke2fs.py INFO: Running: e2fsdroid -T 1230768000 -C /home/iai
n/e-on-R/out/soong/.temp/merged_fs_configzGlvFs.txt -B /home/iain/e-on-R/out/tar
get/product/bacon/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_bacon-target_
files-eng.iain/IMAGES/system.map -S /home/iain/e-on-R/out/target/product/bacon/o
bj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_bacon-target_files-eng.iain/META
/file_contexts.bin -f /home/iain/e-on-R/out/soong/.temp/tmpqhE26r -a / /home/iai
n/e-on-R/out/target/product/bacon/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/linea
ge_bacon-target_files-eng.iain/IMAGES/system.img
10:29:48 mkuserimg_mke2fs.py ERROR: Failed to run e2fsdroid_cmd: __populate_fs: 
Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem while writing file "zip"
e2fsdroid: Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem while populating file sys
tem

mke2fs 1.45.4 (23-Sep-2019)
Creating filesystem with 338944 4k blocks and 84832 inodes
Filesystem UUID: 6a51d487-61cc-5551-ac25-a23c481e0f63
Superblock backups stored on blocks: 
	32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912

Allocating group tables: done                            
Writing inode tables: done                            
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done 

__populate_fs: Could not allocate block in ext2 filesystem while writing file "z
ip"
tem

Out of space? Out of inodes? The tree size of /home/iain/e-on-R/out/soong/.temp/
tmpqhE26r is 1359601664 bytes (1296 MB), with reserved space of 0 bytes (0 MB).
The max image size for filesystem files is 1388314624 bytes (1324 MB), out of a 
total partition size of 1388314624 bytes (1324 MB).
10:29:49 ninja failed with: exit status 1

The clue came searching my whole log for Filesystem UUID:

and then search that log and another fail log for the offending UUID, in my case 6a51d487-61cc-5551-ac25-a23c481e0f63

So

• it is a mke2fs 1.45.4 (23-Sep-2019) error and
  • speculating the same section of drive may be used to create what I assume is some virtual UUID and that gets overused with inodes.

I cleaned the drive and repartioned it and did an update&&upgrade, but was never quite sure what fixed the problem.

1 Like

/e/OS-T, -S, -R GSI would be a huge addition to the Generic System Image (GSI) list and would open up numerous possibilities to degoggling devices without LineageOS support.

Its not easy to build. eFoundation has long announced to support GSI T but no uppdates yet

GSI OS version will next move to T or A13 skipping the R and S versions. Dates for development will be shared

Paper versus website Texts are patient. The reality is often quite different. /e/ has no GSI maintainer / developer, not enough server time and so on and so forth. If and when a /e/OS GSI will be released at all is written in the stars.

@Manoj /e/ support Jun '23

The GSI’s are built by a developer from the team. He has not been able to take up new tasks as he had multiple others already assigned. So far we do not have any user sponsored project in /e/OS. Also, we do not have any immediate plans to start such initiatives. That would require dedicated allocation of developers, which we cannot spare at the moment.
As an open source project, this is a good opportunity for users with development skills to take up the challenge and contribute.

/e/OS R / S / T Generic System Image (GSI) Builder wanted

• S (A12) and R (A11) version of GSI yet to be planned. Awaiting developer availability
  • Frequently we see users complain about the GSI OS versions not being in sync with the ROM OS versions. As mentioned we do have developer bandwidth issues. If there are users who have development skills we welcome them to share their expertise and help speed up the process in the true spirit of an Open Source project.

We follow a patter of support for devices we sell on our shop 1 or devices which have maintainers on the LineageOS platform. If there are users who want to be device maintainers 3, they are more than welcome to share their skills and take up the maintenance of particular devices.

We are not planning on any tie up with other custom ROM teams.

This is not surprising since Lineage had 18.1 end of life anounced a while ago. So R2.2 will be the last build for a couple of unofficial devices I built eg. Samsung Tab S and Tab S2 series. For Tab S2 I might try S builds in the future but they are still in beta stage and with applying extra patches

The quotes reflect the internal /e/ situation and are intended to encourage you to do what you can, because others will not do it after “looking into my crystal ball”. Happy Building :crossed_fingers:

[UNOFFICIAL][ROM]ALPHA LineageOS 20 for SM-T713 - May 16, 2024
lineage-20.0-20240516-UNOFFICIAL-gts210vewifi by @retiredtab

Known issues/What doesn’t work/what’s not tested

NOTE: If any following features are important to you, don’t use this rom as I will not be fixing them because I

i. don’t use/need that feature
ii. already tried fixing it and couldn’t succeed and won’t spend anymore time on it.

DO NOT talk about gapps in this thread.

@retiredtab also does not talk about microG (Project).

The outdated Signature Spoofing Checker (2018) app does not show signature spoofing (DISABLED) support. Nevertheless, I was able to install MinMicroG-Minimal without any problems. My personal microG checker app also works.

A quick check showed that the camera app (lineageos aperture v13) does not work (message: No access to the camera possible). As a result, adding a package source with the F-Droid function “SCAN QR CODE” does not work either. WLAN + BT works fine.

A lot of the devices including the SM-T713 link you sent are unfortunately using the LOS-UL (Ultra Legacy) sources which can’t be used to port for /e/OS

I really hope A21s rom can be built, I have at least 3 friends with that phone. It was a very popular model not so long ago.

I tried to put GSI on it but gsi image is too old (Q) :frowning:

I checked today and saw that the developer uploaded LOS19 sources. I could build with these. For LOS20 I could never build.

1 Like

Thank you @forart.it
For some time now, I have been running the Unihertz Atom L with a privacy and data protection friendly adjusted AOSP 14 GSI with microG. All basic smartphone features work.

I can’t (yet) build customROMs, but I can install GSI. And the advised /e/OS-T GSI could be a (partial) solution, because I was able to modify the Xiaomi Redmi firmware to run a current GSI Lineage-20.0-20240516 from @AndyYan on my Redmi Note 6 Pro (twolip)

/e/OS-R V2.2 (EOL) heralds the end of /e/OS-(R)ed Velvet Cake. With /e/OS-T GSI new possibilities for degoogling will open up.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 a5y17lte

With iodéOS 2.22 an era will soon end. But @Option58 XDA Recognized Developer shows that the end of the line has not yet been reached. LineageOS 20.0 and LOS21.0 are possible.

I was able to successfully install LOS 20.0 with SKYHAWK Recovery Project SHRP_v3.1_stable-Official_a5y17lte and the CustomROM is running.

The sources are extremely scarce, but perhaps the bulding of /e/OS-T is possible after all?