Nokia 6.1 on easy-installer?

Hello there !
I am in love with /e/OS but I feel much more comfortable to use the easy-installer… I bought the Nokia 6.1 and understood just afterward that it should be installed manually. I am too anxious to do something wrong :confused:
It there any way for it to be supported by the easy-installer ? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance :heart:

I think the info in this topic still applies: /e/ OS "easy" installer: how to help it support multiple devices!

All you need is to find one or more volunteers (with a Nokia 6.1) to do the necessary programming.

For those interested in doing the implementation maybe those two topics hold additional information

1 Like

The topic about the easy-installer is closed, I can’t post there.
I didn’t expected so much technical problematics about dev, user and user debug builds. I wonder if it would be coherent /worth it to propose an online version that is able to mention which kind of build is available for the connected device (stable, dev…). It could then ask the user for his own choice by mentionning the difference between those versions (more bugs, debugger installed avoiding some apps to run…). Would this option mean that all builds should be saved on the same Git? Or each brand could have its official easy-installer build for the app to pick in the concerned brands Git once the device is detected? I read about a saving space problematic : could it solve the problem to use queries to pick from an adapted Git? Or did I missunderstood?

Hi @Sekhamet, the problems with a Nokia 6.1 (2018) (PL2) as well as Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG) start much earlier (Quote):

:warning: WARNING: An official method of reflashing the stock firmware is not available, but there may be some unofficial methods available. Unofficial methods are not supported by LineageOS, so use them at your own risk! Proceeding with the installation of LineageOS without reflashing stock firmware will render device unable to update via built-in Updater app.

:warning: IMPORTANT: An official method of unlocking the bootloader is not available, but there may be some unofficial methods available. Unofficial methods are not recommended or supported by LineageOS, so use them at your own risk! An unlocked bootloader is required to install LineageOS.

The above also applies to /e/OS - read the original LOS text here and here. All this means, a way must be found to unofficially unlock the bootloader to be able to install a Custom ROM.

Alright, I see. It seems even more risky for newbies :confused: I suppose the phone has even more risks to be unusable in case I miss or miss due a step in the procedure? Or would the original OS be conserved anyway till the new one is operational?

Do you have any mind about Andronix?
I would at least like to feel my data safer in a first time.