OnePlus 8 fingerprint scanner stopped working

Is it fixed also for the OnePlus 7T?
I think it is the same problem…

Still not working reliably on my OP7T v1.7 stable.

I’m on 1.8.1 and still have no access to my fingerprint reader on a oneplus 8 pro. Any idea why it still wouldn’t have fixed itself? Do I need to do a factory reset? (would rather not if possible haha)

Use the easy installer on a PC. It will install the latest version and the fingerprint sensor will work. Make sure you do a factory reset first!!

1 Like

In my heart of hearts I knew I probably had to - just really didn’t want to :sweat_smile:

If you have TWRP installed as a custom recovery you have more control of what you wipe and can wipe the system and keep your apps and data.

When you use the easy installer skip the factory reset step and it will install the firmware and you won’t lose your current setup. :+1:

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I’m waiting for an OTA update from R to S or at least an official guide to do so manually without losing data.

Hi guys,

I installed freshly today on my OP8 Pro e/OS with easy installer and the finger print issue is still here.

Version installed : /e/OS 1.12.3-r20230614299637-stable-instantnoodlep

Any news on a potential fix soon ? or a solution ?

Thank you in advance,

If the problem is still there you may have a hardware issue. I can confirm the easy installer fixes the software problem with the fingerprint sensor.

hi, phone is new then i guess not…

do you know if there is a procedure to de install e ? and re install stock rom ?

As is i will be able to verify if it is e/os or the phone.

I’m on R v1.10 and I still have this problem. I’m guessing it’s eOS and not your phone.

The Gitlab issue for this subject and phone is marked closed. The link appears above, here is a copy link: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/5934. Be sure to read the issue carefully for possible clues.

I suggest if the problem still exists then devs should be notified https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/report-an-issue

(Users new to Gitlab should be aware of the anti spamming precautions mentioned in paragraph
Getting an error message in new ID creation on /e/OS Gitlab?)

It looks like a logcat for this issue would be useful

OK thank you, i tried to install lineage os and finger print work fine
then it is a bug from e.os unfortunatly.

I will open a case like explained
thank you :wink:

impossible for me to create an account on gitlab

1 error prohibited this user from being saved:
Email is not allowed for sign-up. Please use your regular email address. Check with your administrator.

any idea ?

Pl check this guide and as suggested send your details to helpdesk@e.email

I think reopen the old case would be best. Once you have ability to sign in, please try to reopen. If it fails, please report back here so that someone else can reopen it for you, I suggest.

I see Easy Installer provided you with Android 11 (R) but …

… if you installed LineageOS today you would receive lineage-20.0-20230709-nightly-instantnoodlep-signed.zip, Android 13 (T).

You have not given any details of how you have downgraded Android version for /e/OS in order to meet this requirement

If installing the stable build, please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 11 firmware.

mentioned here https://doc.e.foundation/devices/instantnoodlep/install

Maybe you did not receive this warning from Easy Installer, idk, but please can you clarify?

Android OS version	10	11	12	13
Android name		Q	R	S	T
LineageOS			17	18	19	20
/e/OS build names	q	r	s	t

There is a general rule in Android, “Upgrade only”. Downgrade of Android version is not covered by general user instructions. For your OnePlus there are two links to describe the process. (While your device is not bricked, this is a way to find the “Downgrade method” you will need should you wish to downgrade.)

1 Like

Hello
at the begining, the phone was with its stock rom, new, and in android 11 by default.
Then no downgrade at first.
After i had to install lineage os manualy with the procedure in the lineage os site for OP8P.
After i had restore from scratch the phone with MSMdownload to the OP8 P stock rom in android 11 (IN2020) and fingerprint works well.
After, following instructions here, i have realised verifications of versions, etc… mentionned, and unfortunatrly, finger print doesn’t work with E/OS latest version (1.12.3-r of june, Android 11, IN2023).

Maybe the IN version ?

need help because usage of finger print helps a lot with security settings on all apps…its a nightmare whithout :slight_smile:

registration ko
email to support ko

help lol

I found this tutorial, what do you think about ?

It seems that there is an issue with the persist.img during installation.
And restore it resolve the issue it seems.

https://www.xda-developers.com/fix-fingerprint-enrollment-issues-broken-persist-partition-oneplus-8-pro/