Problem with repetitive notifications

I have a bit of a problem with my /e/ (0.20-20211215151800) running on Redmi 8T.
I have MS Teams installed and the problem is - I receive a notification for a message.
I read the message, reply to it, etc.
But I keep receiving the notifications over and over and over again - for hours sometimes.
Similar problem happens with Telegram FOSS and Signal.
Did anyone else experience the same problem?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

I am facing the same issue with the Chess.com and leboncoin apps. Sometimes I get old notifications and then many at the same time. Other apps behave similar and the massive delivery of notifications is always triggered by a current/real one which then fires again and again older ones.

One short term solution for me was to silent the notifications so my phone is not vibrating all the time.
I’d wait for the next version update end January as it will include a microG update which might resolve the issue. If not then we should create a GitLab ticket to report the issue.

Cheers,
Paul

1 Like

Good to know I’m not alone :slight_smile: I’ll wait for the update, too, then.

It’s getting quite bad - today I’ve received one notification around 2000 times. That’s a record for me.

Hi,

did you already update to v0.21? I haven’t had any issues since the update and it seems like for me it got resolved.

Cheers

Unfortunately, I did - I have now 0.21-20220122158536 and the issue persists :frowning:

True that, I also got some an hour ago :confused:
But seems like that mine is not as problematic as yours. I got 5 old notifications since the update.

Probably best if you report the issue in GitLab: [HOWTO] Report /e/ issues

I already did: Repetitive notifications received hundreds of times (#4823) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab
If possible, please, provide your input there, too.

1 Like