Raspberry Pi single-board computer

There are several reasons to build eOS for Raspberry Pi:

1. Raspberry Pi is one of the most popular ARM-based hardware in the world.
  2. Despite this, Raspberry Pi still suffers from a certain lack of major Android ROMs with good support and regular OTA updates, so it seems like a perfect opportunity for eOS to promote itself and attract a new audience.
  3. This can be a basis for expansion into the TV field, because it is easy to turn Raspberry Pi 4 into a 4K set-top box that will be two times cheaper than Shield TV and more powerful than old Nexus Player, supported by LineageOS community today.

What do you think of that?

5 Likes

This would be interesting. There is already a Pie version for Raspberry Pi or should it be Raspberry Pie?

More than that, there is a working LineageOS 16 build for Pi3, but most of these ROMs are one-man projects with no proper support or clear future. I think there’s space for something bigger.

1 Like

Let’s go, /e/!! This is what we need!
I love the idea!

2 Likes

Yeah, imo the pi4 is absolutely the best!!!
BTW, could anyone point me to buy them online? I really want to buy them, but I thiink that they’re only available in physical stores in England… sigh.

Their site has a list of official dealers around the world. And perhaps you’ll be also interested in the reasonably-priced aluminum case with bulid-in cooling and à la Apple look.

1 Like

Thank you so much @e.follower!!!

Here’s my build of LineageOS 16.0 for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and Model B+. It is unofficial and unsupported by the LineageOS team. It’s for advanced users only.

what is an advanced user? a developer?

I don’t download files from a random posting in a forum.

In the context of the article I guess the writer means users who know how to copy -paste commands on a konsole :slight_smile: have done it in the past and will not trouble the writer with too many ‘i -am -stuck- please-help’ mails!

Random sites yes but the link was from the Raspberry Pie official site!! Though it is a wise option not to trust any unknown source.

LineageOS for Pi4 is here now, all thanks to Konsta!

If someone where to provide an /e/ build for Raspberry pi, I would definitely use it!

1 Like