Running Easy Installer on Linux

Oh, new finding: I get the same “Internal Error” on my opensuse PC. And it seems I simply overlooked it yesterday, but the easy-installer snap package contains the wrong “libharfbuzz.so.0.10702.0”.

Edit: I’ve created an issue in Gitlab and I think v0.12.0-beta is really broken on linux

A workaround would be to use the older v0.11.2-beta version. You can switch in a terminal via

snap revert easy-installer --revision 14

Depending on your distro you might need to prefix that with sudo

3 Likes

I’m trying to revert, but can’t:

~$ sudo snap revert easy-installer --revision 14
error: cannot revert "easy-installer": cannot find revision 14 for snap "easy-installer"

I initially installed it as explained here, with command snap install easy-installer --channel=latest/beta.

Hi, I’m having same issue Ingo_FP_Angel and a few others.

Using Ubuntu 16.04.7.

I install using easy-installer:
sudo snap install easy-installer --channel=latest/beta

Run snap from command line and get “Internal Error”:
snap run easy-installer

/snap/easy-installer/15/gnome-platform/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3-0/gtk-query-immodules-3.0: symbol lookup error: /snap/easy-installer/15/gnome-platform/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpango-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
hb_buffer_set_invisible_glyph g_module_open() failed for /snap/easy-installer/15/gnome-platform/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:
/snap/easy-installer/15/gnome-platform/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpango-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: hb_buffer_set_invisible_glyph
ERROR: /snap/easy-installer/15/gnome-platform/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3-0/gtk-query-immodules-3.0 exited abnormally with status 127
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Internal Error
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$new$6(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkPlatformFactory.createApplication(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.Application.run(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.startup(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.startup(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.startup(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.startToolkit(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(Unknown Source)
… 5 more

TO get more log info:
sudo journalctl -xe | grep DENIED

Feb 18 15:20:17 18-1161-LAP audit[26069]: AVC apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“open” profile=“snap.easy-installer.easy-installer” name=“/proc/26069/mountinfo” pid=26069 comm=“java” requested_mask=“r” denied_mask=“r” fsuid=1001 ouid=1001
Feb 18 15:20:17 18-1161-LAP audit[26069]: AVC apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“open” profile=“snap.easy-installer.easy-installer” name=“/home/myname/” pid=26069 comm=“java” requested_mask=“r” denied_mask=“r” fsuid=1001 ouid=1001

I follow instructions to revert to Revision 14:
snap revert easy-installer --revision 14

But get error:

error: cannot revert “easy-installer”: cannot find revision 14 for snap “easy-installer”

Is there a way to specify v0.11.2-beta in the install command?

I don’t usually use snap but I guess any snap documentation/tutorial will contain that info.

The revert happened to work for me because I had installed v0.11.2-beta before and it was still sitting on my hard drive.

I had version 0.12 beta installed:

:~$ snap info easy-installer
name:      easy-installer
summary:   Easy installation of /e/ OS - the Google-free Android-based mobile operating system
publisher: ECORP SAS (ecorpsas)
store-url: https://snapcraft.io/easy-installer
license:   unset
description: |
  The /e/ OS Installer has been created to make the installation of /e/ OS - the Google-free
  Android-based mobile operating system - easier for users.
commands:
  - easy-installer
snap-id:      sGhqYkDpI20v6JJgCiJqvg29s25yKFFg
tracking:     latest/beta
refresh-date: 2 days ago, at 16:56 CET
channels:
  latest/stable:    –                                  
  latest/candidate: –                                  
  latest/beta:      v0.11.2-beta 2021-02-19 (14) 104MB -
  latest/edge:      ↑                                  
installed:          v0.12.0-beta            (15) 105MB -

I removed it with sudo snap remove easy-installer.
Then I installed it again with :

~$ sudo snap install easy-installer --channel=latest/beta
easy-installer (beta) v0.11.2-beta from ECORP SAS (ecorpsas) installed

and now I have:

~$ snap info easy-installer
name:      easy-installer
summary:   Easy installation of /e/ OS - the Google-free Android-based mobile operating system
publisher: ECORP SAS (ecorpsas)
store-url: https://snapcraft.io/easy-installer
license:   unset
description: |
  The /e/ OS Installer has been created to make the installation of /e/ OS - the Google-free
  Android-based mobile operating system - easier for users.
commands:
  - easy-installer
snap-id:      sGhqYkDpI20v6JJgCiJqvg29s25yKFFg
tracking:     latest/beta
refresh-date: today at 13:46 CET
channels:
  latest/stable:    –                                  
  latest/candidate: –                                  
  latest/beta:      v0.11.2-beta 2021-02-19 (14) 104MB -
  latest/edge:      ↑                                  
installed:          v0.11.2-beta            (14) 104MB -

and it starts! Not sure why the 12.0 beta was installed as I used the same command earlier. Was the channel updated to go back to 11.2 ?

Anyway, I can try to use it now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seems so. I assume it’s Vicent who did it as he commented in Gitlab https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/2576#note_80907

I can confirm: install command brings the v0.11.2-beta up and running. :+1:

Can confirm also, this installed v0.11.2-beta and solved the INTERNAL ERROR issue on Ubuntu 16 LTR. easy-installer now opens :slight_smile:

When started from cmd line snap run easy-installer it did give two error messages, but seemed to load ok.

20:01:00,435 |-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.spi.Interpreter@35:18 - no applicable action for [encoder], current ElementPath is [[configuration][appender][encoder]]
20:01:00,435 |-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.spi.Interpreter@36:22 - no applicable action for [pattern], current ElementPath is [[configuration][appender][encoder][pattern]]

Hello i’m happy !
On my ubuntu Version 20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa) 64-bit
Noyau Linux 5.8.0-43-generic x86_64

• MATE 1.24.0
    after snap …
    Easy Installer - v0.11.2-beta is … OK Yes !!

Next step : My FP3+ go to degooglization !

It’s ok for me ! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

A solution to the “Unknown error” problem in version v.0.12.0 (which had been withdrawn because of it) was found yesterday and it seems a corrected version v.0.12.1 is up now :slight_smile:

P.S.: I think it’s also the first version to contain the German translations :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great, thanks @Nytt. Forgive the intrusion, but would you please consider validating your devices on this new page List of devices working with the Easy Installer :smile:

1 Like

@aibd
my work is ok for you ?

1 Like

Thank you @Nytt, I added your @name to the main list on that page :smile:

However, there is a new problem.
No MMS without mobile data :frowning:

An internet search tries to tell me that this is normal. Is it not?

it is not normal ! with android 10 : is ok.

Sending MMS basically is no longer related to the topic about running the easy installer on linux :wink:

Maybe it helps to check some of the existing topics about MMS (there are like five times more than that)

1 Like

Yes, I got the wrong subject.