Samsung Galaxy S10e

Compact, well equipped and unpretentious!

9 Likes

It would be nice, but /e/ devs don’t play a primary role here. Although for my taste, the new S10e is the best Galaxy S since the fifth generation.

3 Likes

Hi @e.follower not sure I understood the comment. As you may be aware we do not have device maintainers who build these ROM’s in case there are no maintainers and there are a number of users requesting for a build for a particular device - we as in /e/ builds the ROM.

1 Like

I meant mostly the technical aspect. Not all devices, and not even all Galaxy S generations have a good custom ROM support.

Also, since /e/ largely depends on LineageOS development, it’s not likely that you won’t wait for the LineageOS release and start porting it on S10e yourself as soon as possible.

And unfortunately, this series is no longer so interesting for enthusiasts because of increased prices and high fragmentation. In fact, Galaxy S10 nowadays - it is four(!) different models: S10, S10e, S10+ and S10 5G, each with two separate platforms and in many variations.

I’d like to see official /e/ build for the dual-sim S10e, but the chances on this just don’t seem too high in my opinion.

Hello Manoj, the sentence is confusing to me. Does it really mean, as written, “we do not have device maintainers” ? Considering the full context, I think you might mean the opposite…

What I meant is device maintainers build ROM’s not developers. Device Maintainers are users who volunteer to build ROM’s. In some cases where we do not have device maintainers but there is a heavy demand for a particular device ROM to be supported, we as in /e/ builds the ROM. The advantage of this is we can support more devices the disadvantage is in some cases we have to build ‘blindly’ that is without a physical device. It would be great if more users volunteer to build device ROM’s.

3 Likes

All i found its official twrp for Samsung Galaxy S10e (Exynos) (beyond0lte)

Looks like Essential PH-2 and Fairphone 3 gonna come out faster than any custom ROM for S10.

Or not! Now we have a BETA build of LineageOS 16 for S10 family. All thanks to the enthusiast-developer Ivan_Meler.

2 Likes

The Galaxy S10e really is a great smartphone, it is recent (2019), more affordable than other current flagships and has great performances. I especially like the fact that it has a reasonable size especially with this strange actual trend to sell almost only huge phones.

The /e/ ecosystem would greatly benefit from supporting such an great flagship that is at the same time recent, powerful and affordable. I would personnally love to buy the S10e if it would be possible to use it with the really promising OS and awesome project that is /e/ !

Thank you all for you great work and thanks in advance for your consideration!

3 Likes

I guess the developers might disagree with that.

Time never stands still. There are first unofficial images based on Android 10 on XDA-Dev
→ [ROM] LineageOS 17.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Working:

• Wifi
  • Sound
  • mali drivers
  • USB tethering
  • Video Playback
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
  • Sensors
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi HotSpot
  • MTP
  • 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
  • HW encoding/decoding
  • GPS
  • Cameras (All of them)
  • HWcomposer (HWC)
  • Signal indicator
  • Double tap to wake
  • Wireless PowerShare

Not Working

• VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework
2 Likes

Why would you think that?

Exynos, KNOX and all other proprietary hardware/firmware sh*t that makes developer’s live more “exciting” for the price of two Chinese flaghip-killers.

1 Like

Well I don’t know about any chinese phone with the same size than the S10e with specs that come close and surely not for half the price.

The S10e is great for being compact, recent, powerful and cheaper than actual flagships. It could really be a game changer for people wishing to try /e/ as privacy respectful alternative with these expectations.

2 Likes

Me too, I request the ROM for this one!
I am sitting here with a new S10 waiting for my first /e/xperience.

Have a nice day!
Achim

1 Like

Just install unofficial LineageOS and MicroG. I doubt /e/ will ever have any S10 in its list of supported devices.

LineageOS isn’t properly degooglized, it is not a suitable option.
The S10e would really be a great platform for /e/ though

2 Likes

Hi all, where can we ask for the /e/ os development for this S10e ?

Welcome in the forum :slight_smile:

You have already done what needed to be done to request it :slight_smile:

1 Like