The /e/OS Installer arrives!

After several months of development, the /e/OS installer is going through its final refinements and we would like to give you a chance to test it before it is officially released.

It will allow anyone to skip the obscure process of flashing their phone by command lines and terminal windows. :computer:

Want to be part of the early beta testers? :eyes: Learn more and register at:
https://e.foundation/register-to-test-the-e-os-installer/

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

25 Likes

wonderful news. Please get it done for Essential Ph1 also.
The instructions for update to Pie /e/ are a bit fuzzy and intimidating for me

1 Like

Is it public available on gitlab? I’d like to take a peek.

2 Likes

No not yet. Only beta testers will be able to download this build. Once it is tested it will be made available to all users.

Looks great!! However I don’t use sh…t samsung devices… Pls support xiaomi and oneplus with their awesome specs very soon! :+1:

really great news @GaelDuval !!!

I second that.
Is it possible to use the installer with a treble enabled phone?

That is what we need to test and find out.

(Un)fortunately I don’t have a Samsung. I’m just a proudly user of a nice and cheap Redmi 7A :yum:

1 Like

Are we talking about Project Treble, GSI, etc.?

Yes, that’s it.
I had an unofficial /e/ with android 9 installed in my Redmi 7A but was in the mood to switch to android 10. Yesterday I successfully flashed Lineage 17.1 and it’s working fine.

Update on /e/OS EasyInstaller Testing:

First of all a big thanks to the users who volunteered to help with the testing!!!

We have temporarily disabled the sign up for testing easyinstaller as we already have a good number of testers ready to help.

We are fixing some last minute bugs and optimizing the EasyInstaller right now.

The testing should start earliest by the end of this week. …stay tuned !!!

7 Likes

I have seen that you have only been offered the chance to test with some devices. Do you plan to test with the rest of your devices or just do these?

Definitely that is the plan. Eventually it should work with all the devices on our supported list. For the moment we are starting the testing with a small subset of the devices. As we get the feedback from the testers we will fix bugs and add more devices and increase the coverage.
Hope to start the testing today …

Ok, thanks for your answer.

Just to confirm, only the following devices are currently supported?

• Samsung Galaxy S7 – Exynos only
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge – Exynos only
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 – Exynos only
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus – Exynos only

I think that is correct!

Wow great tool, tanks !

Correct, those are the ones we’re focusing for the beta, but it may already work with more and the plan is to expand it to as many as possible.

Is there an official list of already supported devices somewhere, or do we need to download the installer to find out?