Uninstall Apps (foundation.e.apps)

Hi,

I would like to uninstall the Apps default application store, as I have another application manager in the smartphone

Is there a simple way to do that?

Thanks,

Pietro

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you for the quick and detailed reply @AnotherElk . That worked fine.

Will uninstalling already build-in application which was compiled affects errors in logcat where something might still refer to those or this command also remove such references?

I don’t quite get the question or the problem.
Uninstalling an App just uninstalls the App.
In case of trouble afterwards there’s a command to bring the App back.

Apologies, I thought it’s about uninstalling system apps, though.

This is just a generic Android mechanism to uninstall Apps you can’t uninstall via a button in the Settings.
How dangerous it is depends on what you do with it.

Pre-installed Apps in the sense of Apps (think for example Mail, Messages or the Apps installer) just provide App functionality which some users want to get provided by alternative Apps or don’t want to have at all. That’s relatively safe.

If you dig deeper and uninstall important system components without exactly knowing what you’re doing, of course you can generate problems.

If in doubt, it’s always an option to just leave some Apps be and ignore them :wink: .

Yeah, totally agreed. On the other hand if uninstalling build-in apps was that easy I guess in eOS it would have been implemented long time ago for an user.

It was certainly promised long ago…