[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] /e/ r Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact (scorpion, z3tc, z3tcw)

Sorry - I don’t know what MHL is - I can barely spell it :wink:

I hardly use my z3tcw - I really only have it to check that my unofficial builds (/e/OS, IodéOS, los4microg) will boot up. Sorry I can’t be more help

It’s a way of sharing/projecting your Android screen to a MHL-TV using a USB to HDMI cable. This has the benefit of no latency, like other WIFI based solutions.

And on top – maybe also not so well known – adds HDMI-CEC, which is when you use your TV remote to navigate e.g. a KODI box, the volume of an attached HIFI receiver or in this case, yes your Android OS(not in every aspect though).

(We managed to have someone, well +70yrs and without any internet, watch family photos just by putting the S2 into a docking station, during lock down times)

1 Like

One use case which gets overlooked, is MHL for Data-Recovery.

Using MHL on the TV and the TV remote, was the key to getting all family images and videos off the phone and receive a very important account info email.
Needless to say that screen did not respont to any thing.
(A bit of topic, I’m aware)

I was using MHL with the Z3TC in the past with an LG mini LED beamer, have to check the actual status though. Could take a little time, sorry…
Hopefully on the weekend!

1 Like

MHL doesnt work on my device unfortunately…

1 Like

Thanks @MaxO for testing

Updates for /e/OS-R 1.19. I hope I did apply the Trebuchet fix correctly…

e-1.19.1-r-20240117-UNOFFICIAL-z3tc.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/OtherSmartphones/e-1.19.1-r-20240117-UNOFFICIAL-z3tc.zip/download

e-1.19.1-r-20240118-UNOFFICIAL-z3tcw.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/OtherSmartphones/e-1.19.1-r-20240118-UNOFFICIAL-z3tcw.zip/download

1 Like

Hi @petefoth @ronnz98 !
Would you mind sharing your repo manifest XMLs? I’m keen on building an image for the SGP621 for myself…
thanks in advance!

They are available in this forum post:

And in my unofficial-l4m-builds Codeberg repo

https://codeberg.org/petefoths-projects/unofficial-l4m-builds/src/branch/main/manifests/R/l4m-lilac-R.xml

2 Likes

Dear Pete,
I am running your z3tcw-rom version e-1.1920240118 on my SGP611 and am extremely happy with it. Just one thing I noticed. Whenever I connect the tablet via USB to my Laptop, it just recharges. Ususally there would be a menu with several options: charging, data transfer, picture transfer. That does not appear anymore. I would like to transfer files. Please help :slight_smile:

Addendum: I found the USB connection settings via search. But I can’t choose any other option than charging.

Normal behaviour is that, when USB is connected, you can swipe down from the top of the screen to see a notification that says "Charging. Click for more actions’ File transfer is available from there.

Alternative is to enable developer options and set default USB action to file transfer.

Please try those options and let me know how you get on

Are you sure using a working DATA cable ?

It was the cable, Pete. My bad. Now it works

1 Like