[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Google Pixel 2 / 2 XL (walleye / taimen)

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hD2sitpUkYV4WgRv9y89WwmxqILp2Rfo

1. Download the latest supported /e/ build and TWRP image.
  2. Reboot to bootloader
  3. Wipe userdata (fastboot erase userdata)
  4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery
  5. Flash the latest build of /e/
  6. Reboot to system

Built with the latest lineage-16.0 branches.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Hi Eamo5,

thank you! I would love to test it.
Is there a possibility to upload the compressed image(s) and not the payload.bin? It turns out to be very painful to deal with the payload.bin on mac…I wasted several hours without success (not knowing about Python, ASCII, etc.).
Thanks for your help!

Sure, would you mind telling me if you are using a walleye or taimen device?

Pixel 2 / 2 XL (taimen/walleye) is coming soon with LOS 17.1

Yes I’m the developer behind the 16.0 and 17.1 bringups for Pixel 2

Great. I’m using a taimen. Thanks!

Hi,

Check the taimen folder. There should be a zip with the extracted payload.bin images in the zip with -img appended to the end of it.

Do you think it is necessary to downgrade from StockROM Android 10 to StockROM Android 9.0 before installing e-0.11-p-20200829-UNOFFICIAL-taimen?

No, these builds already include the latest Pie firmware. You should be able to downgrade directly to Pie following the steps listed above.

First LineageOS 17.1 build for ‘taimen’ was released: lineage-17.1-20200910-nightly-taimen-signed.

And Google’s stock Android 11 with Google Play system update 1.9.2020 and Android security update September 5, 2020 is also upgradeable for ‘taimen’.

It seems that time is passing faster and faster…

I’ve uploaded some prerelease unofficial Q builds to the gdrive folder. Only real issue I’ve noticed is the AOSP contacts apk crashing. Everything else appears to be fine. My builds include the latest Android 10 firmware so need to flash stock. Enjoy!