[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Motorola Moto Z2 Force (nash)

Right, that’s the process I was following. Like I said, it’s been awhile since I’ve messed around. But have been…half-ass dev’ing for quite a while. Looking forward to this, and thank you for support!

Followed the Nash LOS wiki install procedure. Reflashed latest firmware. Booted. ADB debug unlock. Flashed the LOS recovery. Booted to it. Sideloaded latest \e-nash. Flash aborted, didn’t get log. But said something about not being the expected…version(?), and not allowing to downgrade.

Reflashed firmware. Booted. ADB debug unlock. Flashed twrp like usual. Rebooted to system fine. Rebooted to recovery again fine. Sideload failed on that too.

Reflashed firmware. Booted. ADB debug unlock. Flashed twrp like usual. Rebooted to system fine. Rebooted to recovery again fine. Flashed \e\ zip like usual. Booted to splash. Stuck in a loop there. Couldn’t get kmsg. But grabbed a logcat.

Tonight I will redo the one that boot looped, but will save a backup so I can try and grab the recovery log and last kmsg. I’d like to help try and help you get this booting. Not sure if you’d like me to keep posting feedback here, or other means of contact?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ecenFOjXb--plQQliLgu4REQEhRe4Rzx

I can’t fix any errors anyway, beause they dedicated to LineageOS build, only one thing i can do compile a new build maybe previous errors will be fixed in it, because it will use updated LineageOS sources, but only if you really interested in it, because i will take some time for me.

I can definitely debug and test if you want? I’m just not always 100% sure when debugging bootloop issues. Once booted I can typically find/fix issues pretty well.

And/or digging through source and comparing to known good code.

I have compiled and ran z2 and Moto pure kernels back a few years ago, but that PC is gone and haven’t really done much since then outside adb, fastboot, and on device modding.

Like I said, I’d be willing to work on it with you if interested.

My next thought is getting the recovery and kernel logs. Is there a repo for this I can dig through as well?

I dont own this device so i personally dont really care about it, but iwant working build for community users.

Its official LineageOS repo on github, kernel, device tree, from it and vendor from Muppets repository.

These specifically?

Yes, I already started build, 7% now.

1 Like

Did it compile? What toolchain are you compiling with out of curiosity.

I using official docker, it was compiled few hours ago but its take a lot to download it from server to my pc, speed was 100kb/s, now uploading to androidfilehost

1 Like

Uploaded, there was no errors during build process so if not booting its LineageOS original build problem or problem is on yours side like wrong firmware/twrp ect.

1 Like

And if it will work for you, please take some screenshots and post it here to prove other users that build waorking, because previous build was downloaded 22 times and there is no any feedback.

1 Like

Seen that, I’ll definitely post back. Firmware should be good according to xda.

It booted. Not sure yet of the proper process. Sideloaded the zip via twrp, as that was the process I got farthest with last time. After sideload, stuck splash again. Rebooted to recovery…which automagically switched from twrp to lineage recovery. Did not wipe anything, just sideloaded zip again through lineage recovery. Was weird, some errors showed up about not finding system partition. Couldn’t get a pic in time, and the recovery is very limited.

Regardless, after the second sideload it booted. Data, WiFi, call, text, chop-chop flashlight, wiggle-wiggle camera, moto mod incipio battery, basically everything seems to work so far except syncing google contacts. So I have no contacts yet. Haven’t tried Bluetooth yet. Its…different?

Maybe this can help [HOWTO] Sync your contacts, calendar events, email, notes and tasks to /e/ and bluetooth address not availiable when it turned off.

1 Like

Tried a bunch of things. Seems like account syncing on device doesn’t work. When trying to add other Google accounts (3 available), it tries to verify the new device. The instructions given don’t technically work as this is os missing the way to get the verification code according to the web page procedure.

Regardless, you have to sign in to Google via browser. Then export contacts in iOS vcard format, the other two formats aren’t seen…well, greyed out/unclickable when trying to import via the e-contacts apk.

It will import the iOS format, and all my contacts now show.

Still playing around.

I think if you can compile the nash recovery separate from the rest of the os, flash/boot to that initially instead of twrp, then sideload the whole package like normal, it’ll likely boot first try. Not sure if the posted nash-LOS recovery is the same as the one compiled in your package?

Latest twrp is prefered https://twrp.me/motorola/motorolamotog7.html , LineageOS recovery has limited functionality and it is not compiling during docker method, I never use adb sideload, I copying zip file dicertly to sd card/internal storage and then flash it using twrp.

Moto z2 Force unlocked bootloader, booted then flashed the latest twrp and installed via sd card zips. Works like a champ! Been using it as a daily driver for over a week. Only complaint is battery life, seems pretty aggressive, I am waiting to see if the kernel learns my battery habit to improve battery life.

Greetings, is there any plan to give official support to this device …?