[GSI] Q-GSI --- new version download location. See post 73

Downloading as I type :slight_smile: I’ll give it a try on my sacrificial XZ1 Compact and report back

Good luck :smiley:

Sadly, no joy bootlooping as with the earlier Android 10 GSIs (yours, and others from XDA). It’s the phone, not your GSI :slight_smile:

Mhm, it really seems, that your device is not able to run any Q-GSI.

But there is an LOS17.1 rom available. Have you ever tried ? And if you will find the sources, you can build eOS-Q for it. In the meantime the Q-spurces are looking very well

Sort of. Thanks to @SuzieQ, I found the Havoc OS v3.9 official ROM which is based on AOSP rather than LOS 17. It;s working fine on my daily driver phone

I’m waiting to hear whether the /e/ Docker image supports building Android Q. If/when it does, then Iplan to try making a device-specific eOS-Q build.

Until then, I’ll happily try other buiilds - GSI or device-specific on my spare phone. Ive become quite an expert is reflashing the stock ROM :slight_smile:

1 Like

I manage to make it work on Pocophone f1(had bootloops) .After official android 10 update poco F1 needs A/B GSI (not just A) to work and Dm-varity/forcencrypt disable.
only problem volte/vowifi dosnt work at the moment

Good to hear that it’s working. But volte does often has issues on a lot of roms/devices.

I dont have any issue regarding Volte on Lineage os or other roms.on E even the settings are missing adding the volte/vowifi build.prop lines didnt help.

I only know from a lot of posts here and on telegram groups that a lot of different devices and eOS version does have issues with volte

@harvey186 is there a way to have the calander app icon show current date as happens in official/e/? On your gsi version I’m using it only shows the date as 7 everyday.

No, sorry, I think it’s a Bliss Launcher feature. You can try with Bliss, it’s available at f-droid

Oh OK, I’ll just stick with Total launcher for now.

I’ve made a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) A320FL GSI Treble capable. At the moment it runs with an unofficial LOS 17.1 GSI-ROM.

@harvey186, is an updated eOS-17.1-202010*.img.xz Oct. or Nov. 2020 build planned?

yes, but since Wednesday all my builds aren’t booting anymore and I don’t know why. :sob: :sob: :sob:
I’m trying to solve the issue all the day.

Oh, just like that out of the blue?

from one build to the next … no booting. It’s really stupid.

Hello.

Could you explain how you did, please? Mine is in standby, because I encountered problems with recovery, repatitionner, system installation… so I flashed stock ROM.

Well, I was surprised to read about you:

My A3 2017 SM-A320FL (Exynos 7870 arm64) definitely has an A-Only system partition and was flashed with a corresponding image. Please check it again with Treble Compatibility Checking App ‘Treble Check’.

For my part, it is planned to share my experiences with Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 SM-A320FL and @harvey186’s [GSI] Q-GSI build 10/11/12/ 2020 here in this /e/forum.

1 Like

Hi, I’m wondering whether the Q-gsi version would work on my Galaxy Tab A (sm-t580)? ,I currently have Xtendend android 10 running

At first sight it does not look bad at all! Why? Because clever minds have already dealt with it.

It could work on this basis: [Project Treble] [SM-T580] [gtaxlwifi]