[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (xz2c)

How did find the issue?

To be honest, I don’t do much with the build just standard building with docker as its documented in the how to😉.

Yes, if everything works out. Fingers crossed. I hope there will be a method to migrate data, it seems we’ll need to do a fresh install…

When you told me, your battery works properly I ceck with GSam Battery and I didn’t found any problem. I turn off the phone and when I restart the problems were disappeared.

I use e/os cloud and work for photo, contact and calendar; but for app and settings I have to fix every time I format

Here’s version 0.20.6-q, as usual NOEN must be updated manually:

https://gitlab.e.foundation/api/v4/projects/149/jobs/artifacts/e-v0.2.21.212658/raw/play-services-core/build/outputs/apk/withMapboxWithNearby/releaseTest/play-services-core-withMapbox-withNearby-releaseTest.apk?job=build-release

Everything seems to be working, although I sideloaded it couple minutes ago

Hi, there are no mirrors to download the file, can you host it again. Thanks

This week the first official build for the XZ2C was published. Have a look here:
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/xz2c

1 Like

Will do it later, sorry about that. Never happend before.

1 Like

If anyone installs the official build please give a feedback here. The other day I read this an wondered if I should install at the moment:

the device was released in week 34 and from manoj’s weekly info R is officially released after a test phase

I’ve installed the latest official build and it seems good although I’ve not done much with it yet. Voice calls ok, speaker works. Volte, video calls, wifi calling provosioned with my carrier sim: 3UK.

Battery only lasting a day but it was bad on stock and LOS4mG as well. I’ve got a replacement to try and fit today.

1 Like

Is the build comming with the Sony Camera installed?

Hello @udengoogle

No it doesn’t. I am using standard Docker build from /e/. Never got to have the time to get into more building skills, would love to be on the level @petefoth is and include it. I have read posts in the past browsing the community, also when I wanted to make a reference here I found this topic where you already had some discussions :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Sony stock camera is only present in my unofficial and custom e/OS/ Q builds because

1. it is present in the upstream unofficial LineageOS 17.1 ROMs that is the base for my work and
  2. I have no idea how to remove it (even if I wanted to, which I don’t)

As far as I know the app is not available from the Sony web site: it’s a proprietary app which is present in the vendor image of the stock XZ1 Compact Android ROMs, and has been extracted from there by the developer(s)/maintainer(s) of the LOS ROM.

If the developer(s)/maintainer(s) of the XZ2 Compact LOS ROM haven’t done the same, then I have no idea how to go about adding it to the /e/OS ROM.

…later

I have had a look at the XDA thread for the upstream official LOS 17 ROM (which is no longer actively developed, now the LOS 18.1 ROM is available ) and it says

KNOWN ISSUEs

• The Sony stock camera does not work at the moment.

And thread for the LOS 18.1 ROM has the same text, so it looks like there is no chance of getting the stock Sony camera workinfg ro this device.

Sorry :frowning:

Thank you for the thorough answer :grin:

Love it!!!’

Shame that the app it doesnt work in 11. HOpe that it would at some point.
I am trying to download the apk from the Sony Camera , but it doesnt wanna open. Any suggestion?

I might say that the officail Lineageos will never be interested in getting the Sony camera at all, in my opinion

Im sorry but I no idea how to do that

1 Like

Good morning, here is the 0.22.3-q tag, flashed it over the weekend.

With the ‘test’ version of the microg app you can get noen working:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/api/v4/projects/149/jobs/artifacts/e-v0.2.24.214816/raw/play-services-core/build/outputs/apk/withMapboxWithNearby/releaseTest/play-services-core-withMapbox-withNearby-releaseTest.apk?job=build-release

Hi, can you please re-upload the firmware

Hello, I don’t think I can I am missing the infrastructure and it does not really make sense. The device is offical now:
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/xz2c