[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial /e/ Q Build for Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ (beyondlte family)

Thank you for your interest. My smartphone model is beyond0lte Exynos 9820.

1 Like

Do you intend to work on the android 11 version of this rom?

I am already using a version 0.14 for s10e, thanks man.

Did you go with the patched version?

I’ve no plans to do anything with Android 11 until the /e/ developers start making official builds available.

All I am doing is building for devices that /e/ don’t plan to support, and my main interest is in the Sony devices that I actually own :slight_smile: Once I have builds for those, I’m happy to build for other devices so long as the build doesn’t take too long. But no long term commitment to support any particular ROM.

At the moment I have a lot of time for this because the weather is awful and golf courses are closed because of Covid. When that changes I will be spending much less time on ROM building :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to continue with this construction. You said it doesn’t take long, but you need experience? Do you have any tutorial suggestions for building a rom?

I can point you in the right direction, but it’ll take a couple of days to pull my notes together.You need access to a powerful computer - either your own, or in the cloud - with plenty of memory, 250GB or more disk storage and good internet bandwidth. There are a couple of cloud providers who offer free or cheap computing resource which is how I started off. I’ll give more information and links when I can

In the meantime have a look at this document. It’s the official guide on how to build /e/. That’s pretty much how I started.

2 Likes

Hello, I tried on my S10+ … but didn’t work at all! … -mpv file should be 986.6MB when I download its just 93MB.
beyond2lte looks good (937.5MB) but when I try to install, I get “Zip file is corrupt!” in TWRP

Still looking for an reliable version, @Anghirrim version 13 is already better than 12, but still have many issues with face-sensor (or light-sensor). Some apps are freezing (kleinanzeigen from ebay) … but funny thing is banking apps are running like charm (would have expected the opposite:)

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry things haven’t worked.

It may be worth trying the download again: when I check on AFH, it is showing as 986.6MB

Did you have the ‘Zip signature verification’ checkbox ticked? If so I think the verification will fail.

Other than that, I have no ideas. Sorry!

1 Like

Hey thanks for fast reply (I also posted in xda-forum, sorry was my usual spot:)

• mpv version says 986.6MB till the moment you really download, than it save 93MB file tried 3 Browsers now (chrome, opera, tor) each time multiple mirros all the same 93MB file gets saved … maybe a problem with androidfilehost! they should measure the file, right?

the default one (beyond2lte) I tried with and without verification, when on “Zip signature verification failed!”, when off “Zip file is corrupt”.
Downloaded on Opera and Chrome, but the same …
My steps: download, copy on SD, start TWRP, wipe “Cache/Dalvic”, format Data, install …
anything wrong with my steps?

1 Like

Looks like there was a problem uploading to Android File Host. I’ve deleted the corrupt files, and uploaded the built versions again.

The patched version is at https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722773
The MD5 Checksum is b60b0747c048f4d022b089c0f1f83d59 .

You can use that to check the downloaded file: in the directory you downloaded to run the following

md5sum e-0.14-q-20210124-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte-mpv.zip

The number output should be match the checksum i.e

b60b0747c048f4d022b089c0f1f83d59 e-0.14-q-20210124-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte-mpv.zip
If you’re on Mac OS use md5 -r ... instead of mp5sum

The unpatched version is at https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722777. MD5 checksum is 43b7f41e79d50f75e0e0d846f09e8df1

The checksums shown on AFH match the checksums of the files on my build machine

Do let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

After format /data, tap back to the main menu, tap reboot to recovery
Then wipe /cache /davilk-cache /system
and then install

1 Like

It looks like the unpatched versions are still broken so I have removed them. They’re not going to work so no point leaving them up.

Just use the patched versions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you hint some links about these cloud providers and maybe a pointer to a good how to set this up?!

Please see this post:

Which links to my personal Wiki page at

https://git.coop/phone-custom-roms/backlog/-/wikis/Building-`e`-ROMs

which in turn contains links to two separate cloud providers, along with much, much more :wink:

This post by @Manoj describes how to use Google’s own cloud computing resources to build /e/, also fpr free :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just noticed that the link to my manifest is broken. The correct link is https://git.coop/phone-custom-roms/manifests/-/blob/main/one-offs/S10-family_Q_LOS_manifest.xml

And, just in case it gets broken again, the manifests contains this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
   <project name="whatawurst/android_device_samsung_beyond0lte" path="device/samsung/beyond0lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_device_samsung_beyond1lte" path="device/samsung/beyond1lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_device_samsung_beyond2lte" path="device/samsung/beyond2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_device_samsung_exynos9820-common" path="device/samsung/exynos9820-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_slsi_sepolicy" path="device/samsung_slsi/sepolicy" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820" path="kernel/samsung/exynos9820" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_vendor_samsung_beyond0lte" path="vendor/samsung/beyond0lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_vendor_samsung_beyond1lte" path="vendor/samsung/beyond1lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="zunaid321/android_vendor_samsung_beyond2lte" path="vendor/samsung/beyond2lte" remote="github" revision="master" />
</manifest>
2 Likes

Hi can you do the s10 5g please

Hi @petefoth hope you’re well.
Are you able to create another build for the Samsung S10e? The one based on 0.16 please.
Otherwise I guess I can always install the previous build and update to the latest one using the OTA from /e/?

Many thanks!

Hi

I’m very sorry, but I have a lot less free time on my hands at the moment, and the time I do have to spend on /e/, I am spending on the two Sony devices (z3c, suzuran) for which I’m the official maintainer, a third which is my daily driver (lilac) and, if I get any spare time, some other Sony devices for which I can produce builds with little or no effort.

The work on these Samsung phones was definitely a one-off for me. But my manifest is still available if anyone else has some free time to take on the build.

/e/ only provide OTA updates for devices which they officially support. For OTA updates of unofficial devices, you would need to find someone who not only has the time to spare to make the builds, but als has access to a server where they can make the OTA updates available. I hope you do, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Sorry again
Pete

bonjour,
je viens d’acheter un téléphone S10e. J’aimerai installer /e/OS comme système d’exploitation. Pourriez-vous me guider ? Comment se passe les mises à jour ?
Merci,
Bonne journée

Hello aurelien1402,

are you still satisfied with your /e/ on S10+?

I am planning to buy s10+ and gonna install /e/ on it?

What do you recommend?

Regards

Downloads for : Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F)

Downloads for : Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F)

Downloads for : Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F)

1 Like