Week 10. 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

Builds and Releases

v0.23

• Fixes and updates
  • Some issues may be marked confidential by their owners and will not be visible to all

v0.22

• OS versions released

• R
    • Q
    • Pie
  • Updates in v0.22

• Some issues will be marked as confidential and not be visible to all users

• Release notes

• If your phone has not received the Q or Pie v0.22 build, pl let me know and can have that checked.

• Checking on the Motorola G7 plus ‘lake’ not receiving the R v0.22 build.
    Update 9 Mar The list of builds that failed on v.22 R now include lake, river, payton, ocean, evert, chef, channel, beckham…all motorola devices
    Team has identified a reason for the failure and working on resolving it. Will update in case of any progress.

• Release Pending for

• Oreo
    • Nougat

check section on Nougat Builds below

• Team working on these OS version releases

:information_source: Difference between the dev, test and stable builds read this guide

OS OTA Upgrade

s7 /s7 edge

• As promised earlier, we are now starting the testing of the OTA OS upgrade for s7 / s7 edge.
  • Need volunteers who can help with this testing.

:crossed_fingers: We are using the experience gained from the s9/s9+ OS OTA upgrade exercise to develop upgrade builds for other devices. First preference would be devices we sell on the eSolutions Shop. No ETAs as of now for this activity. We are now testing the s7/s7 edge as mentioned above

GSI

The GSI build issues have been fixed and v0.22 has been released.
GSI sources are available here

Nougat Builds

We have been facing build issues on multiple devices which are still exclusively on Nougat OS. We will attempt to upgrade all these devices to the latest OS version where ever possible. We are testing the upgrade on the s7 as mentioned above. For the other devices we will attempt to make Q or R builds, if these attempts are not successful, we will inform the users and stop maintaining those devices. This would mean that the build versions will not be updated or bugs specific to nougat will not be fixed.

Development Activity

A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on

• Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
  • eDrive code refactoring to optimize the application
  • Updating Applications where forked …ongoing task
  • Comprehensive updates to the AppStore…nearing completion
  • EasyInstaller to adapt to upgrade OS builds…investigation only

This is a subset of what the team is working on. Most of these tasks are under development and testing phase. Some of the issues will be confidential and not visible to all users.

Device Specific Announcements

:loudspeaker: Gigaset GS290
We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.

:loudspeaker: Teracube 2e
Users, please be aware that as of now the 2e is only compatible with Android 10 or /e/ Q build. This information is also shared on the 2e forum and on the /e/ install guide

• While these issues are getting resolved, we have removed the 2e from the list of devices supported on the EasyInstaller

:loudspeaker: Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners

• Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
  • The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
  • To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: FP4 back in stock

We have received additional stock of FP4 devices as of last week. Those interested in purchasing should do so on the eSolutions Shop …while stocks last

:crossed_fingers: Efforts to port new devices continue and details will be shared once we have working builds available.

Work at /e/

This post will be updated through the week

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

14 Likes

Which device are you referring to? Usually the stable builds come out a week after the dev builds.

2 Likes

Should be soon. The build is nearing completion. Will update here once I get a confirmation that it has been released.

The stable build FP4 R v0.22 should be available shortly. It is being published to the servers and should be available OTA within an hour :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

thanks for fast work!

OTA update for FP4 is there - great!

2 Likes

Where are you seeing this build number?

I think this is what you meant, so same here:

1 Like

Thanks @waking-life @ff2u …checking with the build team. Do not see it in some devices which I have.

2 Likes

An issue has been raised about this here after discussing with the build team.

5 Likes

I am not able to flash the current GSI (the previous one worked, following the instructions on https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/install-GSI). Fastboot stops after pushing the first chunk saying:

(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)

Is this a problem with the GSI downloaded, or with my system?

Thanks for sharing the issue. Will ask the developer to check this error and get back with his response.

1 Like

The developer was checking if the installation instructions as per the guide were followed?

@Manoj Yes, I did as the instruction says, even downloaded once again, just to be sure. Other GSI images from phhuson can be flashed without problems on the device…

Edit: Also the previous img 0.19 can be installed without problems. So I guess the file of 0.22 might be corrupted somehow?

Thanks for the details @Edmund …passing on this to the developer

1 Like

Based on this, an issue has been created here
Feel free to add details in the comments to the issue

1 Like

Thanks a lot, hopefully an easy fix…

I m running 0,22 Pie on Mido.

There are new bugs introduced in the version.

1. vibration on recieving or hanging is disappeared.
  2. I m not able to delete entry from phone call log until i close and re open it.
  3. Selected Accent color is not applied system wide.
    4, Deleting SMS in sms application takes longer.
  4. When one plays audio file in internal player and if you change focus from there, the audio file keeps playing but you cant see its control window. So you cant pause it or close it. you only have to Restart the phone or

Hello I took my first steps with e/ foundation a month ago
I was wondering if I can install or update a more recent OS on my Moto g7 play channel.
Currently lineage_channel-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210805.001.A1 eng.root.20211003.124343 dev-keys
Currently I’m not getting any update requests

kind regards
Erik

You can raise an issue on this in gitlab