Builds and Releases
- Fixes and updates
- Some issues may be marked confidential by their owners and will not be visible to all
Devices which did not receive v0.22
- The following device did not receive /e/OS R lake, river, payton, ocean, evert, chef, channel, beckham… we will work on adding this in the v0.23
- Issues with device still on Oreo or Nougat
- We are facing build issues with devices still stuck on Oreo and Nougat. The attempt is to check which can be upgraded. If not possible, we will have to stop supporting those specific devices.
OS OTA Upgrade
s7 /s7 edge
Status: Undergoing testing
- As promised earlier, we are now starting the testing of the OTA OS upgrade for s7 / s7 edge.
- Need volunteers who can help with this testing.
We are using the experience gained from the s9/s9+ OS OTA upgrade exercise to develop upgrade builds for other devices. First preference would be devices we sell on the eSolutions Shop. No ETAs as of now for this activity.
Status: In Progress
A summary of issues dev team is investigating or working on
- Bliss launcher upgrading and existing issue resolution
- eDrive code refactoring to optimize the application
- Updating Applications where forked …ongoing task
- Comprehensive updates to the AppStore…check App Installer Update below
- EasyInstaller to adapt to upgrade OS builds…investigation only
This is a subset of what the team is working on. Most of these tasks are under development and testing phase. Some of the issues will be confidential and not visible to all users.
A new version of the default App installer or what is also called the /e/OS App Store is being tested. It will be called App Lounge.
This will have applications from 3 different locations accessible with a real Gmail account or by using an anonymous one
- GPlay apps from the play store
- F-Droid open source apps from cleanapk.org
- PWA apps from pwastore.com
It will have a login interface with Google account or anonymous, similar to what we see on repositories like Aurora store.
Source code will be opened up for all users.
A detailed guide on how privacy score is calculated on the App Lounge will be shared. The customization for the Privacy score calculations requires we still use cleanapk . We will share a document on how the score is calculated.
We will share more details once we have tested the application and certify it as fit for release.
The purpose of the App Lounge remains to benefit the widest range of users possible. We cannot use FDroid or Aurora store as is. Users also need to understand that not all applications that can be downloaded will work on a de-googled OS like /e/OS. That being said, the efforts to make the user experience better is ongoing.
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
- A new Docker image will be released on Monday
- Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
- You will have to install git-lfs (
sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
- After completing a repo sync, you will have to run
repo forall -c 'git lfs pull'
- You will have to install git-lfs (
Reason behind these changes: Due to the large size of the android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks we have switched to using LFS, and now you will need to refer to android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
- We will publish some documentation around this soon.
Device Specific Announcements
We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Users, please be aware that as of now the 2e is only compatible with Android 10 or /e/ Q build. This information is also shared on the 2e forum and on the /e/ install guide
- While these issues are getting resolved, we have removed the 2e from the list of devices supported on the EasyInstaller
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
Efforts to port new devices continue and details will be shared once we have working builds available.
Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online services