Week 16 : 2021: Development and Testing Updates

I am guessing that, as you were offered an OTA Update, your FP3+ was on a dev build. So, firstly, you are reporting a fail there! (OR an update on stable was withdrawn!)

Easy Installer installs a stable build, where an untested OTA Update should not be offered.

More info about Different Build Types.

What should you do? This “Development and Testing Updates” thread is only a few days old, maybe you hit a bug? Stay tuned. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good day, also eagerly waiting for OTA to 0.16q for FP3.

For the record: At this point it would have been worth to try to just go back to the prior state of the OS before the update …

You can just wait.
@aibd is right, via the Easy Installer you are on the stable release channel now, the update will come a bit later there than on dev.

1 Like

A/B device, first time OTA, a little nervous. If nothing goes wrong, I should be able to just click download under system updates and everything is taken care of automatically? Or is using fastboot part of what I need to do every time I OTA update?

More or less. When download completed the process pauses; press ‘Install’ to continue. When installation complete it pauses again.

Press ‘Reboot’ to continue. There will then be a pop-up saying “You are about to upgrade to eOS…etc” . It may give the wrong version number but don’t worrry, it will install the downloaded version number! Seems to be a glitch.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.