Week 43, Development and Testing Updates

Any updates on that GSI T version please?

Would be very interesting to try this out, once release also for /e/OS-T
https://xdaforums.com/t/installing-lineage-os-20-gsi-on-tabs8-8-8ultra.4620521/

1 Like

Hello Manoj,
i think you should pin this message very loud cause not all e users easily remember that the rom is lineage os based.
I also think it is simply a fact, not their fault.
Reading this smart hint will surely help a lot, it is the easiest way to get what still is missing.
You know, In the middle of many messages, it could become ā€™ invisible '.
Think about it. :smile:

1 Like

Using the Lineage partitions should work since the source, kernel and blobs are the same as /e/OS is a fork of LOS. Technically, there should not be any issues in flashing the partitions from LOS. The only exception would be if in a particular device there is a big difference on the LOS side or if the dtbo files have been changed. Both cases do not happen in normal circumstances.

To explain why we keep shifting the version number of the fix is approximately every 2 weeks we freeze the code and use that code base for the next testing cycle. Developers continue with the testing and checking in of the fixes. This usually gets into the next cycle code base. The build team assures me that the fix for the partition will show up in the recovery files in v1.17 when it is released.

• In the v1.16 builds the recovery files which were not showing up in v1.15 show up
  • In the v1.17 builds the recovery zip file will include the partitions which are at present not showing up
3 Likes

Hi,

Where can I download the v1.16 image for the FP5? Really like to use /e/OS on my brand new FP5.

You can currently download build 1.15.2-t-20231011340157-stable-FP5 here.
Official incorporation into the website and documentation is still pending, it seems.

This is the /e/OS build which is currently installed on Fairphone 5s bought directly from Murena, as confirmed here.

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot. A v1.16 build isnā€™t available yet? And once available, will I get this OTA?

Seems that way.

Since the available 1.15 is of build type ā€œstableā€, updates should come OTA according to https://doc.e.foundation/build-status.

1 Like

No herolte build for 1.16 yet?

dev is available, stable not yet.
See here for what you have installed ā€¦ [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc

2 Likes