Where can I find apk file for /e/ app store?

which device ? is it treble supported ?

@harvey186
Oh thank you for your interest and asking. Our family uses a S4, S5, S7 and Tab 2, all of which are not officially supported by Project Treble.

Project Treble and flash Generic System Image (GSI) is a fine thing. If there will be official support from the LineageOS Project, /e/ will follow suit sometime.

I think for most of the devices are unofficial versions if eOS available. For S7 a official version.

And GSI I’m building every 1 or 2 month

Not all smartphones with Oreo update use Project Treble. Since Project Treble requires a partitioning of the memory, not all older smartphones will have this feature enabled by update, like S7 herolte | phhusson / treble_experimentations

Hello.

[off topic]

[…] ROM wich suits HER (!) best…

I’m lucky, with PC she reads before clicking. But as most of users, she just wants PC, phone, car… to work ‘as usual’, no more. Doesn’t want to learn/understand. And wants any issue to be resolved immediately without modifying her habits…

That’s a good example of what ‘mom and dad’ users are, in fact : users who had just ‘learned’ by themselves one way to use tech and won’t change habits.

W$’ business contracts with French school ministry have this goal : catching new users, for their entire life. gg with Chromebook is attempting the same process with light laptops. And all gafam work hard to enforce the use of voice PDAs. With full cloud 7/24 storage, of course…
[/off]

With poor network (French old mountains) gecko-based browsers become less efficient, on phone (because web is more and more gged). And chrome :roll_eyes:
e.browser is a good and clean ‘webview’ one, with efficient Searx engine, so can be a good reason to accept the use of a different ROM. /e/ for example :slightly_smiling_face:

I wasn’t talking about GSI. I was meaning offical eOS rom for S7 and for the others are unofficial version available (when I remember right… but I do have Alzheimer :wink: )

Here it is again - our “language barrier”.

@harvey186 , I consider you a gifted ROM builder. But sometimes your self-designations are marginally acceptable.

@trefix, Yes, the e.browser is recommendable. After all I know: the e.browser is a “clean” Android browser.

But it is only offered by /e/ in /e/ ROMs so far. I assume that it will stay that way and the “Feature request on Gitlab” will lead a quiet existence.

Since the eOS license question is not clearly clarified, I assume that every private person can use the eBrowser with third party systems for personal use (derived from copyright law - private copy for personal use). Whether you want to use the eBrowser in LOSformicrog for your own use is your personal decision.

Another interesting Android browser is “Mull” - a privacy oriented and deblobbed web browser based on Mozilla technology and with Mozilla Public License, version 2.0. It enables many features upstreamed by the Tor Uplift project using preferences from ghacks-user js project. Proprietary blobs are removed.

Thanks a lot.

I will follow… ‘heu…’ search :wink: a link for Mull and test on my device.

I agree, because I don’t know what you are meaning with

I only want help that you can get eOS on your devices

I appreciate that, Sir!

It’s just - I don’t like your Alzheimer’s clownery. You don’t need that! Or was your last Tüte not of good quality …

ah, Ok, I’m sorry :frowning:

OK, ooookaaaayyyy… first Mount > check System then Back > File manager > System and I can create folders (two for e.browser…).

What kind of device does she use?

Moto E 2015 surnia, same as mine…

P.S.: ‘mkdir’ Browser and BrowserWebView, then ‘copy file’ (from SD card) OK but ‘Browser stops…’ popup… Perhaps e.browser needs one more file…

Everything you need is in here

Mmmm… yes, I think I know :wink:

I think this will not be true and is a bit unfair towards /e/: they have already made their launcher available on F-droid, so i think it is reasonable to expect there will be others. I think the reason this has not happened so far is A) because of limited time for the small /e/ team, B) because the default apps are still all system apps, and so the team is unsure if/how they would work on Google’s Android. But the team is planning to ‘un-system’ the default apps, so they can be de-installed, so i think that when that happens, it is likely the team will put the apps on F-droid.

ps this link in my previous post is worth a read, it’s really cool to read about /e/'s plans !

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.