Buying a used phone for e OS?

I am looking at buy9ing a used phone to install e OS

If I find a phone, for example, a pixel 9. Will the install instruction worK oN all version of the pixel 9? Does it matter if it is a north american phone, or european, for example?

Also, if there help for those trying to install it? I am a little tech inclined, but not super guru at all. The web installer seems to work o a limited number of phones, and rest are self install using instructions.

Thanks

Joe

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online services

1 Like

Install /e/OS on a Google Pixel 9 - “tokay”

/e/OS community tokay download

Heya Joe!

I can say from experience, doing a self install via command line is only a few more steps than the web installer, and not nearly as intimidating as it sounds! I would describe my tech proficiency as similar to yours.

I used an old phone as a test install and the web installer worked fine. On my new device, it needed self install. Both are working fine now.

I found the topic below super helpful, although it is Fairphone-specific: