Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Redmi Note 9 Pro
Code name: miatoll
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.10-s
Not rooted

No issues. Thanks to the team!

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S10+ - just updated to 1.11s

Unfortunately, it looks like Advanced Privacy - tracker blocker for Shelter apps is still broken :slight_smile: - I was really hoping for a fix, as this has been highlighted since last year.

On a side note, something really strange happened before the upgrade: the “new update available” notification came on and I launched the update download. However, while this update was being downloaded, I went in the Updater app (from the menu) and it did not see the available update or the fact that it was in process of being downloaded. Launched the uploader from the notification window and it was showing me it was still downloading the update. I restarted the phone and then the updater (started from the menu) showed I had one update available, but it was not aware it had been downloaded, so I had to download it again. Very strange…

1 Like

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy S4 Value Edition
Code name: jfvelte
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.10-r
Not rooted

GPS doesn’t work at all as in 1.9 or 1.10.
Thanks.

1 Like

Vendor Name: Asus
Device name: Zenfone 8
Device CodeName: sake
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.10-S-dev
The device is: Not rooted

Update went smooth - no issues so far.
Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi

I have Android 10 with eOS 1.5-q-20221031230909-dev-FP3 on a FP3.
And so the problem is I cannot do anymore updates past 1.5 as it is not proposed in the update tab.
So I cannot solve some bugs like calendar and contacts not syncing…

Thanks.

1 Like

FP3 Android 10 support was dropped quite a while ago, and there are no OTA upgrades (= Android version upgrades via the updater) on the dev release channel.

https://doc.e.foundation/build-status

The only way out of Android 10 on the dev release channel is a manual upgrade = fresh OS install. Your data will be wiped by default, so be prepared with a backup.
FP3 /e/OS is currently on Android 12 (S), but Android 13 (T) should be out pretty soon, it might be worth to wait for it if you have to do a fresh install anyway.

And you might want to consider using the opportunity to install the stable variant, since the FP3 stable release channel got OTA upgrades from Android 10 to 11 and from 11 to 12, so it offers a better chance to avoid such a situation. Switching from dev to stable also requires a fresh OS install, so that would fit.

2 Likes

For the tasks sync: remove your Murena account and sign in again.

1 Like
  • Samsung
  • Galaxy S10e
  • beyond0lte
  • e-1.10-s-20230413279105-dev-beyond0lte → e-1.11-s-20230511288805-dev-beyond0lte
  • Device Not rooted
    OTA update.
    Everything works very well
1 Like

Galaxy S4 Active

Device name: S4 Active
Device CodeName: jactivelte
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.7-q-20230113251029-dev-jactivelte

Manual upgrade via adb sideload e-1.11-r-20230512289175-dev-jactivelte.zip. Before that, for safety’s sake, manually upgrade e-Recovery e-1.11-r-20230512289175-dev-jactivelte.zip.

At first glance,Galaxy jactivelte is functional.

Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

Device name: S4
Device CodeName: jfltexx
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.8.1-r-20230206257804-dev-jfltexx

OTA-Update. At first glance,Galaxy jfltexx is functional.

1 Like

Lenovo Tab 10 HD X306FA + GSI /e/OS V1.11

system-e-1.11-q-20230514289715-dev-treble_arm64_bvN.img

Vendor Name: Lenovo
Device name: Tab 10 HD
Device Code Name: X306FA
Version of Stock which existed previously: GSI e-1.9-q-20230312268823-dev-treble_arm64_bvN
The device is Not rooted

Runs like a charm.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Sony
  • Device name: Xperia XZ2 Compact
  • Device CodeName: xz2c
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.10
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not.

1 Like
  • Vendor name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Device code name: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.10-s-20230412278810-stable-FP4
  • Device not rooted

No update available after refreshing several times in update view

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: OnePlus
  • Device Name: OnePlus 6
  • Device Codename: Enchilada
  • Previous version of /e/OS: 1.10-dev
  • Device rooted: yes

My device also seems to be affected by the battery drain due to Media Storage, as reported by @Usem for his OP8T. I will see whether the problem persists.

EDIT: I have reverted to /e/OS 1.10 for the time being. I know that this is not ideal (and I had to do a factory reset), but I need a phone with a battery life of at least one day. I hope that the battery drain issue will be fixed in version 1.12 (or in /e/OS Android T).

3 Likes
Device Name: Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
Device Codename: klte
Previous version of /e/OS: 1.10
Device rooted: no

No issues so far, but no intensive testing because it is just the backup device.

Hi,
Just wanted to share my experience on that.
I have a FP3 and I was able to switch from dev to stable via adb.
I just didn’t know it was ‘not possible’ and it worked like a charm.
I’m definitely more prudent for someone else’s phone and I do not recommand the procedure if it’s risky.

But for public interest, I just sideloaded a stable build via adb sideload, and the phone booted normally.

I did it few months ago, because I was mad of a perf issue on FP3, with the OS upgrade test session (https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/qa/testing-community/-/issues/33), and a stable build was available in the topic, solving the problem. I’m now receiving OTA stable updates, when available.

If I’m correct, I also upgraded my phone from Q to R, on a dev build, with /e/ OTA. It was available, and worked. It’s only after seeing the feedback on the forum that I understood it should not have been possible

Hope this helped :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.10-s-20230413279105-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1.11-s-20230511288805-dev-FP3.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location modules - Mozilla Location Service: enabled, configured for using Wi-Fi and Cell
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.0
    (nightly 27.01.2023 - for sync with Betterbird instead of Thunderbird)
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
1 Like

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 2
Device CodeName: FP2
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.10-r-20230417279828-dev-FP2
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1.11-r-20230512289175-dev-FP2.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location modules - Mozilla Location Service: enabled, configured for using Wi-Fi and Cell
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App access to location - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (Camera module 12 MP version 2) photo + video - needed an additional reboot to work
  • Selfie camera (Top module version 2) photo + video
    (Camera records completely black video from the moment surrounding light is too dark or changes into too dark when moving … years old issue I already had with Open Camera on LineageOS, can live with it.)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.0
    (nightly 27.01.2023 - for sync with Betterbird instead of Thunderbird)
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
2 Likes

Redmi Note 8T

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Redmi Note 8T
Device CodeName: ginko / willow
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.2-r + e-recovery 1.2

The OTA update from e-1.2-r to e-1.11-r was successful. However, e-recovery 1.2 was not updated to e-recovery 1.11. I had to install this manually afterwards. At first glance, Redmi willow is functional.

BTW: The Xiaomi firmware as well as the device codenames are different for the Redmi Note 8 (ginko) and Redmi Note 8T (willow).

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965F)
Just updated (OTA) from 1.10 to 1.11-q-20230514289715-dev-star2lte, no issue.

Apart that it didn’t solve the “GPS nearly never working in Naturalist and Trackbook since e-OS 1.2” issue : https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/5984.

1 Like

Is updating the recovery enabled in Settings - Updater - (three dot menu) - Preferences - Update recovery?