Feedback for v1.14

Passkeys not working.

I tried to use a passkey by using Firefox (has CATP2 enabled since version 114) on webauthn.me. It works with Firefox on Linux with FIDO2 key.
On /e/OS Firefox prompts for the fingerprint and at putting my finger onto the sensor Firefox crashes. Looks like passkeys / fido2 device is not available on /e/OS?

If I understand these tables correct only Chrome supports this on Android.
https://webauthn.me/browser-support

This table seems to be outdated. Firefox is supporting this since version 114 (which is not so old). And it works with Firefox on Linux (so the table is wrong / not up to date).
I see a NPE in Firefox so I will see if I can pass this info to Mozilla somehow (but NPE can also be caused by /e/OS / MicroG part.

Samsung S7 SM-G930F
Before the 1.14 upgrade : 1.13
Rooted

Since the 1.14 upgrade the Notes app does not sync anymore. Any idea please?

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 4
Codename: FP4
Previous OS version: /e/OS 1.13 stable
Rooted: Yes

Everything lools good, I always had HD audio off so I didn’t notice the HD audio bug that others mentioned.

My only issue (and it is a very minor thing) is that I removed the navigation buttons since I use LMT pie launche, and have the settings to: Hide the gesture navigation bar at the bottom. However it randomly appears sometimes, it did not behave like that in 1.13

This should be fixed in /e/OS v1.15 :

> :calling: App Lounge got time out and token expiration issues fixed

a little bit offtopic, but: Lisa finally got S-1.15 - and it seems to work! Thanks guys for doing such a great job!

Wouldn’t have been a little bit off-topic over here: Feedback for v1.15 :wink:

Vendor Name: Teracube
Device name: 2E
Device CodeName: Emerald
Version of /e/OS: 1.14.2-s-20230825321006-stable-emerald
The device is Not rooted

Can’t set advanced security to hide real IP address, real IP address is always exposed:

I can’t refresh the updater and i follow your words.

It’s work!
Thanks you

Samsung
Galaxy S7
SM-G930F
Version 1.13 Q Stable-herolte
Not rooted
Hello,
Another trouble-free update!
Thanks

2 Likes

I could’t update to 1.15. The updater kept crashing. Deleting all data of the system app “updater” helped.

u were on 1.13 stable and updated to 1.14??
when u put eos where u already with android 12?
thanks

Hello @pablohc86

I lost my phone 3 months ago (The murena 2 is coming soon!)… but I think remember that I was indeed already on Android 12 when I upgraded from 1.12 to 1.13…

I start with a fresh installation when I switch from one Android version to another.

thanks.
i couldn’t install any version of eos starting with Android 12.1.
never tried with 12.0 as on the guide it’s written to upgrade till the max version possible and when i tried to put eOS the last android officially available was the 12.1

I’ve been able to put eOS 1.7 on android 11.1 stock and then upgrade via OTA to eOS 1.1X

Hi,
I’d like to install the typewise pro version but receive an error message only.
Did you manage to install it or are you using the free version?

Hey dude,

Do you have a tuto to install the GSI ?It’s for my Lenovo TB-X306F.

Thanks

You are answering to an anonymised user, which means this user is gone, at least with this former account.

https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/understand-and-use-gsi
https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/install-GSI

Damn. After a little research 5 minutes after my post, I found it :slight_smile:

But thanks for the links too :slight_smile: