Feedback for v1.21

Everything seems to be working well on my POCO X3 NFC.

I’m still not used of the UI, but things are working even better than LOS/microg in general.
Personally, I have no complaints about default apps, except I may prefer few other apps (then all I have to do is just download them).

Overall, this is a good degoogled ROM (easy, reliable & stable).

Thank you for your work.

1 Like

Vendor Name: Sony
Device Name: Xperia Xz2 Compact
Device CodeName: Xz2c
Version of e/OS currently: 1.20

Version 1.21 does not appear available to me for this device.

Forum search says … build failed:

… the list being …

This problem with 5G and battery drain is awfull. I am on 1.21.1 and it uses about 10% in 90mins. This means it wont even last a full day and thats not acceptable. Please try to fix it or give out proper directions how to get rid of it. I had that problem since 5G was possibly to use.

I have a fairphone 4 and soon switching to a fairphone 5. the 4 will be used by someone I know.

Rest is working fine, banking app and normal browser and so.

The update, on FP5 non rooted, was great success. however, I’ve noticed increasing number of reboots. Is there any solution to this?

1 Like

Update: Battery issue was down to the battery. Got a replacement device (same model) that has now the expected battery life.

Strangely, this time Easy Installer got stuck at the “booting into bootloader” stage even though fastboot devices showed my device just fine. Same hardware and software, no clue what the difference between the two devices are.

This is a problem since the FP4 got /e/OS and honestly, Im not quite sure if its even a /e/OS Problem or if its a Problem in the hardware of the FP4. But yes, I noticed the same and some back and forth with Murena and the FP4 Support has not brought any fix. If its better with the FP5 please let me now! Not planning to switch but its good to know when recommending devices.

I disabled 5G and only use it when I need fast internet. Most of the time 4G is sufficient but the Problem still stands…

When I pass the device to my godchild I will order a battery replacement but she will not work with murena. Sadly. I try again to explain it to her but she is in the oekosystem of google and likes it. Maybe when she grows up as she is only 11 now.

I gladly will report if the 5G issue is not present on the Fairphone 5. I did not wanted to buy it yet but the godchild broke her phone again so I decided to give her the fairphone. They state the Nokia G22 is fixable but still has to much glue and stickypaper inside. Took me 2hrs or more to replace the screen last time and I am not doing it again…

I sometimes experience sort of laggy reaction of quick settings buttons for wifi and mobile data.
Never experienced that before, it started with this version.
I cannot reproduce systematically but every once in a while the buttons do not change color rightaway when touched but only after swiping the quick settings menu back up and down again.
The function of the buttons is still given: status icons do react according to button-interaction (4G on /off or wifi-symbol appears/disappears)… only that the button itself seems unresponsive for a while …

Vendor: Google
Device: Pixel 4a 5G
Code: bramble
Prior Version: 1.20
Rooted: yes

Had a total lockup today (updated yesterday) which has not happened before in the 3 months I’ve been using this setup. It froze completely during a Jitsi call.

Had to hard power-down and reboot.

Hello, there is no more build for “apollon” smartphones since 1.14 can you see why? merci d’avance

Forum search and the internet say “apollo” is an Amazon Fire HDX 8,9", which only shows up as a requested device, not with any /e/OS build.

What exactly are you running? Please refer to [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc

There was a gap in builds for apollon as we discussed here No more OTA updates for the xiaomi Mi 10T Pro (apollon)? - #4 by aibd.

However builds resumed … https://images.ecloud.global/dev/apollon/ … maybe a gap resulted in OTA.

1 Like

sorry I spelled “apollon” wrong
https://images.ecloud.global/dev/apollon/

Ah … but there are builds, as pointed out by @aibd.
You don’t get any update offered by the updater? You could try the following …

1 Like

I could see on the builds page that there were some new ones, indeed. I don’t know why OTA updates were no longer offered automatically.
I took the time to switch my smartphone to Android T (successfully) at noon, and I’ll be watching to see if updates are offered later.

thanks

1 Like

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: 11 Lite 5G NE (Mod. 2109119DG)
Device CodeName: lisa
Version of Stock which existed previously: 14.011.0(TKQEUXM) MiUI Global 14.0.11 (Android 13)
The device is Not rooted
Bootloader unlock Xiaomi waiting time = 7 days (168 hours)

Successful installation without incident via e-Recovery:
Install completed with status 0.

:white_check_mark: 5G / 4G LTE
:white_check_mark: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6
:white_check_mark: Bluetooth 5.2 - very powerful, long range
:white_check_mark: GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO - very good, even indoors
:white_check_mark: USB Type-C 2.0, OTG (USB-Stck)
:white_check_mark: Fast charging 33W wired (Charge control)
:white_check_mark: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot ~ 256GB)
:white_check_mark: Infrared port
:white_check_mark: USB-C Haedset [standard USB-C + USB-C DAC [3.5mm jack n/a]
:white_check_mark: e-Cameras

At first glance, V1.21 is a perfect adaptation to /e/OS-T. Thank you d/e/v.

Caption
:white_check_mark: works
:x: do not work

Edit :
App Lounge shows “Anonymous account unavailable”
I cleared the cache several times, it doesn’t work.

Could these 2 (magic earth and app lounge) have something to do with microG ?

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy S8+ (G955F)
Device CodeName: dream2lte
Version of Stock which existed previously: G955FXXUCDVG4 / G955FOXMCDUD1 (A9)
The device is Not rooted
Installed: R (official) ~ “stable” e-1.21-r-20240323388914-stable-dream2lte

For the clean installation I once again used the /e/asy installer v.20.1. It downloads version e-1.18-r-20231207360610-stable-dream2lte as the latest stable image. The /e/asy installer procedure was not processed to the final end. It stopped at the ‘OEM’ instruction and no longer offered a ‘Next’ button. Nevertheless, I was able to reboot and set up the system manually. Then the OTA update to /e/OS R (official) ~ ‘stable’ e-1.21-r took place.

:information_source: I had a similar experience with the /e/asy installer here

Installed a few days ago, everything seems to work fine. Thank you!

BUT I really cannot stand the 2-3 extra icons in the icon tray, which I cannot deactivate, are totally useless for me, and hide the important ones :scream:. Please please add a proper toggle on-off in the next version so we can really keep tuning :pray: