Feedback for v1.8

When it happened, because I had open apps which were working, I were able to try to force Bliss Launcher to stop but it had no effect. Bliss continued to start and crash. I shutdown FP3 and started again to see the same : cycles of start and crash. After trying press “Stop app” a few times with no effect, I just touched the screen on the backgroud area and the cycle stopped. Miracle :slightly_smiling_face:
Bliss launcher was woring again. After a few shutdown and start it works normally. No clear explanation for me.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S9

The previous two upgrades went fine.
But with v1.8 I’m experiencing Battery drains very fast.
Hence I’m trying to find some confirmation of this issue.
Which there is Battery drains very quickly - 48h (version 1.7) to 8h (version 1.8) (#6678) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab but the ticket is closed with “can’t reproduce”.

Also I’m experiencing geolocation issues, with the app Maps with me. That app crashed also a lot. I had to reinstall it, and that helped.

1 Like

I’am still waiting to get back my Asus Zenfone 8, but in my old GS290 is see the update 1,9, but i cannot dowload it, because it wil give me a no connection error.

Hmmm, so i am not the only one that that felt since the update to 1.8 my batterylife goes down faster.
Now i must 2 times charge on a day. Before i only charge at the night. I’m not playing games and i do not look many times at videos or youtube.

It is getting worse.

I am usually charging when the battery goes below 30% and go up to some 70%.
Batteries love it around 50%, being totally full or empty stresses them.
As there is a limited memory effect in modern batteries according to the controller, after some ten times loading I fully charge.

In January - with v1.7 active - after a full charge the battery of my FP3+ lasted calculatorily for 4.15 days.

Since I dated up on v1.8.1 the charging cicles show other numbers:

• February 5th - 17th: 3.60 days
  • February 17th - 28th: 2.74 days
  • February 28th - March 11th: 2.46 days

If I would charge for 100% now, it would be March 11th - 17th: 2.05 days which makes practically doubled battery usage.
Also I have strange readings of the percentages the apps use. E.g. Corona Tracing has a using time of 5 minutes in six days (!) and a use of 41%, not to mention the sums of the given percentages that sum up to 178% and so.

Pretty please: Can you repair that?

Depending on which /e/OS version you are running exactly, 1.9 should be out already or out soon.
Best case it’s fixed for you, almost worst case you’ll have to continue over here … Feedback for v1.9 … (worst case on every computer device is always: update goes wrong and wrecks your installation, be safe with a backup).

1 Like

Thanks to your hint I’m not wondering anymore about different release specifications.
Here 1.8.1-r-20230204257076-stable-FP3 is running.
:slightly_smiling_face:

So, out soon in this case (stable).

Version: 1.8.1-r-20230204257076-stable-FP3
Model: Fairphone 3 “FP3”

The lock screen fails to display today’s date since it defaults to a lettered format of some sort, as opposed to what I’d prefer (YYYY-MM-DD universally), and the display only shows the first n characters so the timestamp is pretty uninformative overall:

My primary language is set to English / Canada but I have replicated the same with English / Denmark as well (they appear not to be equivalent to actual locales like en_CA or en_DK on platforms like Ubuntu though, so I dunno)

I have also set the font size back to “Normal” from “Large” and the issue persists

I have also come across a similar, but separate, issue related to date/time formats: the default messaging application cuts off the year, only allowing two-digit (YY) in both English / Canada and English / Denmark respectively, leading to ambiguous formats
I can only upload one image at once, apparently? I guess I’ll get back to it later, then

Here is image number two

Here is image number three

(That spam filter doesn’t really have the desired effect, does it? Would’ve much rather made just one post)

As you can see right up there for me it worked loading up three pics in one post.

https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

1 Like

Oh, yes, now I understand.
I am so trustworthy…
:innocent:

“Updates” no longer respects Do Not Disturb

In the meantime 1.9 stable for FP3 has been confirmed to be out, and as an OTA upgrade to Android 12 (S) apparently, so before you put any more effort into finding and documenting more issues with 1.8.1-r, you might want to update/upgrade to the current version, confirm whether those issues persist, and then continue here … Feedback for v1.9

Oh, right, that’s what the loud notification from earlier on was trying to inform me of? I’ll check it out and see if that happens to solve any of those issues, thanks.

Does anyone know if the Moto G7 Play will ever get another update?

v1.8.1 broke it and don’t see any new builds since then.

Thanks

The G7 Play is in the list of devices getting /e/OS T (Android 13), so I guess development for this device stopped after v1.8.1 (Android 11) and will soon switch to (probably) /e/OS 1.12.3 with Android 13.

It is highly unusual to have three builds missed with no notification and I see no open issue filed against channel in this Gitlab search. @Manoj please could you confirm if this is a known issue ? Otherwise @g7player I would be inclined to Report an issue, especially, perhaps this

otherwise other potential users have no warning of a problem, except the absence of any recent ROM https://images.ecloud.global/dev/channel/

I now see that you previously asked for support on this. Were you able to recover use of the phone by

adb sideload e-1.7-r-20230111250687-dev-channel.zip