[GSI] Q-GSI --- new version download location. See post 73

I was forgetting you are not admin. :wink:

I’m just building LeOS-Q. It includes Dec.5th patches, because LOS included them also. So I really don’t know, why eOS doesn’t include them-

In the build from today, the security update from 5.12.2020 is present. Build has just been completed, packaged and is uploading now.

PLATFORM_SECURITY_PATCH := 2020-12-05

eOS-Q-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avS.img.xz
eOS-Q-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.xz

2 Likes

Excellent @anon26953564, you’ve learned quickly to build a GSI eOS ROM that works right out of the box. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

I installed your latest eOS ROM on my treblesized Galaxy A3 2017 ‘a3y17lte’ via TWRP 3.4.0-0, previously running @harvery’s eOS-Q-Full-_arm64_bvS-20201017 ROM, and was only able to briefly test three key features.

poco2

On first start-up, the SIM card is immediately recognised and the PIN is requested. Incoming and outgoing calls and text messages work as well as surfing via WLAN.

poco1

I am curious to see whether and which COVID-19 Warn app will work.

2 Likes

Thanks, but, honestly, I don’t know much about it yet, what do you think how often I had to bother @harvey186 because something didn’t work again… :joy:
He sent me the script, I just start it, done. How all this is connected, I could not, for lack of time, yet behind it.
I only have a game PC here, I wanted to let it work a bit, that’s all :slight_smile: .

I do not write anything, for me this is nonsense, somewhere I had read that about 60% of the positively tested people do not enter the result and you therefore also receive no notification.
Something like that does not come to my phone.
Wash your hands, keep some distance, IF IT MUST BE, wear a mask, done. :slight_smile:
Finished with Offtopic.

Somewhere in the nowhere a lot of not verifiable is written. And for me it always depends on who is the author of an article.

My interest is the Corona Warn Apps not because I want to use them personally, but solely about whether the applications work.

From my point of view, everyone can decide for themselves about the sense and nonsense of these. I do not make a rating, because I respect the opinion of others, even if it does not correspond to my opinion.

On this gsi is it possible to have 2 button navigation?

No, I don’t think so

@Sean i have also got sm-t585 (lte version) of tab a 10.1 2016, but can’t manage to run any of gsi. i have followed the steps in the xda post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/project-treble-sm-t580-sm-t585-20190401.3917465/ , flashed twrp, treble.zip, then an img of android 10 gsi, but after install, it won’t run. how did you manage to run android 10 gsi on the tablet? what’s wrong with this? i repeated so many times the steps, but all end in bootloop. could u help me? thx in advance.

@asgara sorry I never attempted a gsi on my T580 tablet I ended up installing XtendedRom and also tried lineage 17 rom for android 10 versions.

@asgara, when installing a GSI ROM, a supporting element is the part VENDOR.

Did you also fill the newly created partition /VENDOR with the necessary data before re-booting into GSI system?

Thank you for building, @anon26953564

Android security patch level: 5. Janury 2021
/e/ version 0.14-q-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-

eOS-Q-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avS.img.xz
eOS-Q-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.xz

The new versions of today are in upload, will take a few minutes.

eOS-Q-20210214-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avS.img.xz
eOS-Q-20210214-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.xz

They have the security patch from 05.02.2021

@anon26953564, thanks for the ROM-building. Your new versions form March, 25 2021 still going very well on my treblesized Galaxy A3 2017 ‘a3y17lte’.

eOS-[0.16]-Q-20210325-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avS
eOS-[0.16]-Q-20210325-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS

Security Patch Level 5.3.2021

1 Like

New Images from today online, but Security Patch from March, not from April.

Happy flashing :joy:

2 Likes

Hello.

With official q-GSI builds, will you build again or work on ‘R’ GSI ?

Anyway, thanks again for your work, my little Samsung a3y17lte runs /e/ smoothly as daily :wink:

Hello.

Thank you for your builds. Your last 20210511-bvS build works fine on my A320FL.
I’ve also tried official GSI /e/ build 20210426-bvN and it doesn’t boot (/e/ bootloop). I know there are different ways to build but i don’t know what could be the differences causing this issue.
I hope your Q builds will continue to exist (at least time to time) because i don’t think there will be official builds working fine on the A320x as yours do.

Has anyone tried official GSI build and has it working on A320x ?

I will continue to publish my builds for now, they are still based on Android 10. Unfortunately, I really have no idea how to create them, or where to change what to change the Android version, for example, to 11 or 12. That /e/ now offers the GSI officially, I also heard today.

Did you just install the official GSI as an update? Maybe you should reinstall it cleanly.
As written, I will continue to create “my” builds for now. I myself also use them.

Hello.

Thanks a lot. I will try both official and yours, with clean install…

Glad that you will continue to make your builds for now.

Concerning official GSI build, I’ve installed it cleanly (format data, wipe everything except external, and wipe caches after flashed).
I have to confess that I modify builds before flashing them (remove some apps, and part of firmwares and librairies related to bluetooth, wifi and gps) but my mods work fine with your builds and some LineageOS based roms (unofficial LOS17.1 and crDroid 6.x for example). I don’t know why it doesn’t work with official /e/ GSI.
I’ll be waiting feedbacks from trefix and others to see if it’s related to my mods or if a3y17lte needs something missing in the official build to boot/work properly.