Impossible to change SMS center number

Hi there,
Following my thread in French here Centre de SMS impossible à changer? I wanted to share the fact that I change mobile provider, received a new SIM card, put it in my phone with /e/ and everything works except that I can’t send SMS. There is no where in /e/OS settings I can manually check and change the SMS center number (call SMSC). I tried to dial ##4636## and set manually the SMSC but I always end up with “update error”. Any idea?
Thank you

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Any hint ?
We try a lot of things in the topic in french (see above). But no solution.

If anybody have a clue, it could be very usefull.

:slight_smile:

Old post, but I m having the same issue with my freshnew Murena2.
SMS/MMS never send…
Sending SMS/MMS works on another GSM (SamsungGS9 with /e/os) with the same SIM card. Settings are the same on both GSM and receiving SMS and calls work on both

Different carriers handle this differently but it is a known issue that /e/ uses a library of Carrier Access Point Names; these settings can sometimes vary slightly from the Carrier’s latest settings in use.

APN on you device are found in Settings > Network and internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Access Point Names.

You can compare these settings with those published by your carrier.

Some Carrier issues are explored in [LIST] Carriers that work or do not work with /e/OS country-wise.

It is probably worth scanning the whole thread to see if your Carrier is mentioned.

Also try search though threads with the tag apn ← is a link to see if this is the approach you might use.

• (SMS and MMS use different technologies, it is expected SMS will work correctly, some Carriers may have dropped MMS from their published offering.)

• New user: no mobile internet service

Disabling 4G Calling was the solution, it now works

1 Like

So, what does it mean in reality? If 4G Calling is disabled - can we expect voice calls cease to operate properly in the very near future? Meaning: when 4G calling is off does the phone use 3G standard for voice calls?