Is there a newer rom for condor then e-0.7-n-2019112732147-dev-condor

Hi guys,

I use old Moto E condor phones to test and play with /e/OS because I have several of them we used to use at work. A few months ago my latest best friend didn’t start anymore while it was running great before.

This week I found another Moto E and I immediately unlocked it, installed TWRP and downloaded the ‘latest’ rom. I was surprised to see that the latest rom was from november 2019 while other models have roms like e-0.9-n-2020051554230-dev-osprey.zip.

Did I miss anything? There’s nothing about end of support on the condor documentation page.
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/condor/install.

Thx.

sassonie

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

if there a pie sources in official LOS git than you can build it as I have written in your other post.

Hi Harvey186,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
There is no support anymore for the Moto E condor.

I will have to find another new best friend. :disappointed_relieved:

I built a Nougat ROM for Condor a couple of days ago, to check out my build setup. I’m quite happy to make another one if it’s any help? I can make sure it runs - I have a spare device here - but it would be an unoffical build, and at your own risk.
Pete

Hi Pete,

I would like a have a ROM for my condor MotoE.
It’s nice to honor the MotoE some more before it (they; I have a number of them) goes to charity where it will be recycled.

First it was my work phone somewhere in 2015. Then it became my loyal /e/ phone (I made a few bricks of it too). And now it wil become my pete phone. :+1: :smiley: And after that may it rest in peace.

RIP mighty condor :eagle: :cry:

OK. It may take a couple of days. I’ll post here when it’s available.

Thank you, Pete.
No rush.

which post is this @harvey186 ? i’m considering to build my own unofficial build for a phone and a tablet and could use some guidance

Hello.

Same problem with Moto E 2015 Surnia, still with unofficial /e/nougat by Unknown… Lovely compact and works fine, but no matter to test last improvements of /e/ ROM… (I can’t build by myself, lack of memory and RAM in my Dell).

Old devices are good companions :wink:

Hi trefix
Building a new unofficial ROM for surnia is on my To Do list, because my wife has one of these devices. It’ll be a few days before I do it though

I was pointing to this HowTo [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] minimal eOS pie version

but you can also use this for a complete eOS build [HOWTO] build eOS in old fashioned way with breakfast -- now with interactive script

1 Like

Wow :star_struck: Thanks a lot !

I don’t need microG, but your build will be the best, of course :wink: A “pie” flavour ?..

@sassonie @trefix
Currrently my builds are failing and I’ve no idea how to fix them. I’ll look again after the weekend

Hope they aren’t failing at 99% with not enough space error or at around 85 % with java error regarding apps.
The out of space error is a bug which is reported long time ago on github and the other seems to be new

No hurry
And don’t feel obligated to anything.

Thx, anyway. :+1:

It’s the second of those

[ 89% 31034/34785] target R.java/Manifest.java: Settings (/srv/src/NOUGAT/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/src/R.stamp)

Full details of the error output at https://pastebin.com/U31nL2Sz
And more details in this topic

Yes, there is an other user which reports also issues with this.

By the way, you can remove from source
/prebuilts/prebuildapks/Apps

than you build should go ahead.
You won’t have the Apps store … but, hey, how needs this apps store?

I’m building using Docker, so I have no idea how to go about changing the source.
Do I have to go digging around inside the docker image before I call docker run
(Sorry for the dumb questions: I’ve not worked with docker before)

If you will use this script you can delete the apps from the folder /prebuilts/prebuiltapks

and start the 161.sh