Week 05, 2022 : Development and Testing Updates

Just got the OTA update on my S9 and everything looks good so far! A couple of small things:

• the upgrade messed up with my alarm settings so be wary of this if you need to be up in the morning :wink: basically the alarm sound got set to 0, I don’t know if it’s something I did or a default value in the update.
  • NewPipe does not work anymore (it fails to load anything). Again don’t know if the problem is newpipe or the upgrade.
  • the ability to swipe between pages in systems app (clock, phone…) Is gone, is this intended?

In any case, thanks for pushing this update, very happy to have it regardless of these issues !

2 Likes

Did the phone upgrade to Q ?

Yes it got upgraded to Q, I was a little surprised since there was no mention of it here other than “coming later in the week” but it worked fine

The build is being released for a few hours on a daily basis.

I just upgrade my S9 too. Operation went smoothly and everything seems to work as expected.
Happy to have the visual voice mail working :wink: !

I had to configure the digital unlock and all goes well again.

Nice job and many thanks!!

1 Like

Can you try and update NewPipe using FDroid or Aurora. There was an issue reported on one of the channels

2 Likes

it’s an issue with Newpipe, because Youtube has changed something on their end. either wait till the update is available, or get it directly from their Github

https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases

1 Like

Good to know the update to NewPipe is on the way, it happened exactly at the same time as the update so I thought it might be related.

the issue has actually started last morning or previous night but yeah, it’s a freaky coincidence.

1 Like

FYI I updated my FP3+ to v0.21 and everything works as before, thanks!

My FP3+ dated up smoothly this morning.
So far no new problems.

Still my Internet doesn’t work properly as I mentioned here, also all else downloads fail (F-Droid etc.).

Thanks for the update that went smoothly as usual in my S8.
But… 2 updates I’m waiting for the issue of the PDF files appearing in négative while in dark theme to be fix and still nothing.

1 Like

Updated successfully on the following:

• Samsung S9
  • Teracube 2e
  • Google Pixel 4a

Thanks again to the /e/ team! :beers:

1 Like

I try to catch the update on my spare S9, but even though I try multiple times, at different times, I keep missing it.

Starting this coming week. It should be available full time for all users.

3 Likes

Oh great. I have waited more than one year. A few days is easy. Really looking forward to this. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you Manoj, I have been looking forward to this. It will be nice to try the new features.

Hi Manoj, until now there’s no 0.21 update for the beyond1lte, is there a problem with the update? the s10e and the s10+ got the 0.21 update already.

Will check with the team when they come to office on Monday and update.