Some important fixes coming as part of v1.1 include
- Camera fixes for some devices
- eDrive permission bugs
- Memory leaks
- Release Notes can be viewed here
- Release for some devices are still pending and expected to be released early coming week
OS released on v1.1
- Release is only for Android 10 or /e/OS Q and Android 11 or /e/OS R
- v1.1 includes the May security patch
We test out the security patches against the /e/OS code and release it only after we are sure that none of the existing applications have issues with the patch. This testing causes a delay in the release of security patches
Update 6 July v1.1 released for all devices on R and Q.
Builds failed for these devices
bacon, davinci, j5y17lte, marlin, sailfish, surnia
bacon, lavender, surya
The team will work on resolving the issue with these devices and release a build ASAP. Will update if there is any positive news.
For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support draws to a close.
Reasons for dropping official support are:
- newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
- lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
- no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
- device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
- Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability.
Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.
Status: To be released / planned
- Samsung s7 / s7 edge OTA OS upgrade on v1.0 code
- Note : The older OS builds will not be visible on these devices as the builds would on Nougat or Oreo and can confuse some users.
- An issue has been reported while upgrading Signal app on the s7 /s7+ Please check this thread for details
- Samsung s8 /s8+
- ETA Sep end
- ETA not available
OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade to a higher OS level. Updates will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrades are available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom builds will not get the notification to install the upgrade build. They will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released.
Difference between /e/OS build types
A couple of existing devices will get R upgrades. No ETAs as yet.
|Vendor||Device Name||Code Name||New/Upgrade||OS||Comments|
|Motorola||Moto Z Play||addison||Upgrade||R|
|Motorola||Moto Z2 Play||albus||Upgrade||R|
Check this post for more details
A new category has been created specifically for Security Announcements. This category will contain the official explanations from the /e/OS Management or development team for any security related incidents on the ROM or sites. This will be a read-only section.
- We are looking for users, especially FP4 users who have an eSim and can help us test it. For details, refer this post
Device and Vendor specific Announcements- Click to expand or close
- We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
/e/OS Pre flashed device sales
- We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
- Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
- In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site
Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here
Expect more device releases from Murena in future
Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the Operating system.
/e/OS Links - Click to expand or close### Support
- Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to email@example.com
- Community Support…English
- French public channel
- Community Support,French