Fixes and updates coming in this build
- Android security update
- Mail 6.301 and Camera 1.50.1 updates
- Update default apps with adaptive icons for a better UX.
- Add the chunk upload support in File synchronization.
- Support of split install feature.
- Fixes for Advanced Privacy, App Lounge and Mail.
More details will be shared in the Release Notes for v1.4
ETA for release of v1.4 to be decided
- Builds released on R and Q
- Release Notes
Why no releases on Pie, Oreo or Nougat?
Read the section
End of official support for Nougat, Oreo and Piebelow
- v1.3.1 was released for the stable builds. This was done due to a regression detected on stable builds. Issue is marked confidential by the creator in Gitlab.Issue summary is that widget were not working correctly on the Bliss Launcher. v1.3.1 has the fix.
- R and Q devices that missed the build
- Teracube 2e - The team is still working on this issue coming up on this particular device. No ETA on resolution.
- Some of the stable builds got accidentally removed before being published. The builds should be available in v1.4
Devices impacted include :
- Google Pixel 4 - “flame”
- OnePlus 7 Pro - “guacamole”
- Google Pixel 4 XL - “coral”
- Google Pixel 4a - “sunfish”
- OnePlus 7T - “hotdogb”
The documentation for these devices will also be updates to include the links to the stable builds. In case users want to manually download.
- Share you feedback and vote on v1.3 here
R version of GSI to be planned based on developer bandwidth
Status: Ongoing - release moved ahead to October
- Samsung s9 / s9+
- Samsung s7/ s7+
- Samsung s8 /s8+
- Pie to S OTA upgrade
- ETA October
- Pie to Q OTA upgrade
- Q to R OTA upgrade
- To confirm if we can have a Pie to R upgrade
- Release dates would be after the s8/s8+ OS OTA upgrade
- We are looking for volunteers to help test these OS OTA build
- Check the post here for details.
- Users in US or Canada who are willing to help test the Murena One, Please do send in your details on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
Tester for Murena One
- Thanks to those who have already volunteered.
What we mean by OS OTA upgrade- Click to expand or close
OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade to a higher OS level. Updates will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrades are available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom-builds will not get the notification to install the upgrade build. They will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released, which may result in data loss.
- Difference between /e/OS build types
- We are looking for developers with these technical skills
- Community members with technical skills who want to volunteer to help with code updates can write in to email@example.com . Please share details as to what you want to help with and details of some experience of your previous or current work.
- We can work on making the contributions paid if you so prefer.
- You can find the details of our Bug Bounty program here
Status: Development and Testing
70+ devices planned for /e/OS S or Android 12 upgrade.
Release will be in monthly batches of 20 devices.
For device details, check this list for the device names
More devices will be added for upgrade
Please note we have as yet not opened up the code of /e/OS
Sto all users as the addition of patches and testing is still in progress. Attempts to build by forking will result in errors.
Initial ETA : September end
Expecting a delay here as recently a couple of developers left the team for their higher studies in the US. Two new team member has been added but there will be a learning process which will delay these releases.
Unofficial ROM build refer the section
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
Recent Documentation updates
- Understanding pings to google servers during setup
- murena.io guide
- How to root /e/OS
- Advanced Privacy
- FP4 Rollback warning added in Install guide. Request users to please read the warnings before starting on the installation process.
- Teracube 2e (2021) is Not supported on Easy Installer as yet. The emerald version of 2e (2022) is supported.
- To understand the difference between the 2e and emerald refer this guide from the Teracube forum
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
- A new Docker image has been released
- Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
- You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
- After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c ‘git lfs pull’
Reason behind these changes:
End of official support for Nougat, Oreo and Pie😞 For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support draws to a close.
Reasons for dropping official support are:
- newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
- lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
- no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
- device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
- Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability.
Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.
Device and Vendor specific Announcements
- We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
/e/OS Pre flashed device sales
- We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
- Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
- In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site
Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here
Expect more device releases from Murena in future
Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the operating system.
- Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Support…English
- French public channel
- Community Support,French