Yes, have updated the post.

2 Likes

Hi Manoj,
My FP3 is already running /e/OS Q
You testing OTA to R?
In that case I’m in

Regards Jan

You’re meaning testing OTA from Q to R

Oh I am already running e_FP3-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.20220727.223629 dev-keys. I guess this is the most actual version… If not, I would be in for testing!
Thanks for your work!

Thanks for this informations. I`ve seen this tread yesterday and send an email to testing@e.email for testing with a Samsung Galaxy S8.

1 Like

@Manoj Still FP3 Q>R testers needed? If yes, pls count on me.

2 Likes

Hi @ralxx yes, FP3 OS OTA testing is a critical activity planned in the next couple of weeks. Since you are already on the testing team, you should be able to get into this activity as well.

2 Likes

Thanks to all those who have sent in their details to join the testing team. In case you have not received any response as yet, it is because some of our team members are on leave this week. You should get a response by mid of next week. If not, just let me know.

whats the current status of S8 upgrade? is it more or less save to use or danger of running into big trouble? need the phone for daily use.

Same question here, I just joined the Telegram group but haven’t got much more information :thinking:
Update: I just upgraded my S8 to testversion 1.6. How do I report issues?

You report issues detected on the test builds on the Testing channel. The entire testing team members are there and will be able to answer your questions.

Thanks for the information Manoj :+1:

How is the FP3 Q>R going?

I am a bit worried about having Android 9 without update and I don’t know what to do to update to the newer version without losing my security apps/data on my phone

I would love to know if it is coming up anytime soon in the horizon or if there is anyway that I can safely backup my phone and try a manual update of sorts.

Cheers

It’s available for Q (Android 10) stable (not dev).

Android 9 is P (or Pie), not Q.
There will be no OTA upgrade from Pie for technical reasons.

2 Likes

Android 9 is P (or Pie), not Q.
There will be no OTA upgrade from Pie for technical reasons.

Thanks, so I should do a clean install on the latest version then?