Builds and Releases
Status : Testing to start
Will share details of fixes and updates coming as part of v1.5
Release Notes: Check the link here
Update for FP3 The Dev v1.4 has some files missing, which are required as per the documentation to manually install the build. We will be releasing a v1.4.1 specifically for the FP3.
Stable builds released for additional devices
- Google Pixel 4 - “flame”
- OnePlus 7 Pro - “guacamole”
- Google Pixel 4 XL - “coral”
- Google Pixel 4a - “sunfish”
- OnePlus 7T - “hotdogb”
Installation of these devices is also supported through the EasyInstaller
Stable builds an explanation - Click to expand or close
Till date by
Stable builds we used to mean builds on devices we sell on our eShop. Now we are expanding the defintition to include devices which will have dedicated maintainers. We have added the above mentioned devices to the stable category. Look out for more devices getting stable builds and dedicated maintainers.
Feedback on v1.4
- Share you feedback and vote on v1.4 here
R version of GSI to be planned based on developer bandwidth
OS OTA upgrades
Status: Ongoing - release moved ahead to October
- Samsung s9 / s9+
- Samsung s7/ s7+
- OnePlus Nord Q to R (stable build)
- Samsung s8 /s8+
- Pie to S OTA upgrade
- ETA October
- Pie to Q OTA upgrade
- Q to R OTA upgrade
- To confirm if we can have a Pie to R upgrade
- Release dates would be after the s8/s8+ OS OTA upgrade
Volunteer testers required
- To help test OS OTA build
- Check the post here for details
- Users in US or Canada who are willing to help test the hardware of our Murena smartphones
Check the post here
To volunteer send in your details on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
USA/Canada new tester
Thanks to the more than 50 users who have already volunteered in various categories
What we mean by OS OTA upgrade- Click to expand or close
OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade to a higher OS level. Updates will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrades are available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom-builds will not get the notification to install the upgrade build. They will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released, which may result in data loss.
- Difference between /e/OS build types
- We are looking for developers with these technical skills
- Community members with technical skills who want to volunteer to help with code updates can write in to email@example.com . Please share details as to what you want to help with and details of some experience of your previous or current work.
- We can work on making the contributions paid if you so prefer.
Bug Bounty program
- You can find the details of our Bug Bounty program here
New additions to the /e/OS development team
A couple of days back we had mentioned of some team members leaving the team to go to the US to pursue their studies. We are pleased to announce that we recently added 4 developers to the team. This will definitely add to our development and issue resolution capabilities.
Status: Development and Testing
- 70+ devices planned for /e/OS S or Android 12 upgrade.
- Release will be in monthly batches of 20 devices.
- For device details, check this list for the device names
- More devices will be added for upgrade
- Please note we have as yet not opened up the code of /e/OS
Sto all users as the addition of patches and testing is still in progress. Attempts to build by forking will result in errors.
- ETA : October
Unofficial ROM build refer the section
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
Recent Documentation updates
- Understanding pings to google servers during setup
- murena.io guide
- How to root /e/OS
- Advanced Privacy
- FP4 Rollback warning added in Install guide. Request users to please read the warnings before starting on the installation process.
- Teracube 2e (2021) is Not supported on Easy Installer as yet. The emerald version of 2e (2022) is supported.
- To understand the difference between the 2e and emerald refer this guide from the Teracube forum
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
- A new Docker image has been released
- Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
- You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
- After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c ‘git lfs pull’
Reason behind these changes:
Due to the large size of the android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks we have switched to using LFS, and now you will need to refer to android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
End of official support for Nougat, Oreo and Pie😞 For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support draws to a close.
Reasons for dropping official support are:
- newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
- lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
- no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
- device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
- Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability.
Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.
Device and Vendor specific Announcements
- We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
/e/OS Pre flashed device sales
- We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
- Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
- In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site
Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here
Expect more device releases from Murena in future
Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the operating system.
- Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Support…English
- French public channel
- Community Support,French
Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online services