When will we be able to flash /e/ android 10 on S9 with the easy installer?

:yum: :nerd_face: I go to sleep early these days at 8pm, but up with the sun, but years ago when doing tech stuff I would be up 2amā€¦ my wife use to say she was a computer widow :slight_smile:

:)))
Please try adb sideload e-latest-star2lte.zip

I really am not that tech-skilledā€¦ just 32 years of hacking at tech like today, so learned a lot along the wayā€¦ but sometimes even simple things I dont know how to doā€¦ so when you say the above, ADB sideloadā€¦ if thatā€™s via terminalā€™, then I dont know how :slight_smile:

I see ADB is installing software and I see it in the advanced menu in eReceovry on the phoneā€¦ can I do it from the SD card if I put it there ?

Is this a terminal command from WIN Terminal, while phone is plugged in, in D/load mode orā€¦ ?

Not all custom recocery can load adb sideload from SD card.

No, not D/load mode - but normal system level - which is currently not present on your S9+.

I am trying to find a terminal app in WIN 10 and can not even find it hahahaā€¦ dear meā€¦

Procedure:

S9plus :: eRecovery > Advanced >>Enable ADB

PC Terminal: adb sideload e-latest-star2lte.zip

ADB Tools for Windows 30.0.5

How to Install ADB on Windows, macOS, and Linux

Done !!

But I dont think there is a terminal app even installed yet on my new WIN 10 installā€¦

Okā€¦ I will download the ADB Tools, install, read up and get back to youā€¦ THANK YOU SO MUCH for your helpā€¦

I also need to go visit my mum todayā€¦ sheā€™s 86 and not well, so I better have some time with her todayā€¦ BUT I WILL BE BACKā€¦

THANK YOU SuzieQā€¦

David,

eRecovery v0.13 of S9+ supports adb sideload from internal storage and microSD card`

1. S9plus :: eRecovery > Advanced >>Enable ADB >>> Choose from microSD
  2. PC Terminal: adb sideload e-latest-star2lte.zip

Update: Image removed by author

Hi eOS Guru @SuzieQ :slight_smile:

We are not finished yet, but we HAVE made some good progress thanks to your last post. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

So my S9+ is NOT a brick thanks to you. I followed the above post (adjusted a few things which I will add below for others later) and am now back on eOS 0.14 O (Oreo) / A8.10 and I have eRecovery (not TWRP). SO GOOD to see that happy bouncing ā€œeā€ againā€¦ I know everyone thinks they have ā€œbrickedā€ their phone but I was starting to really think I may not be able to recover. Honestly, thanks to you SuzieQ. So very grateful for your help!!

Okā€¦ so thought it time to try to install A10 again, so put phone into Download mode, and ran Odinā€¦ BUT it failed / stopped in the same place as before, at the section ā€œrecoveryā€ of the flashing, with same error message: sw rev. check fail (bootloader) device

Soā€¦ rather than mess it up again, I will stop and AWAIT your thoughts on how we might be able to get A10 on this phoneā€¦

THOUGHT / COMMENT
I donā€™t know if this matters or is part of the problem, but in attempting all the above adb terminal commands, I first tried it on my Mac as you had given me links to D/L and install ADB for mac. It installed etc fine, BUT when I did the command to list the phone, it showed it started running adb and tcp/ip port number I think it was, so the output looked like it should EXCEPT it did NOT display the deviceā€¦ it said hereā€™s the list of devices but there were actually NO devices listed. Thinking it was a typical ā€œmac terminalā€ thing where apple is always slightly changing terminal commands from the standard linux ones, I thought fine, I will just do it in my WIN 10. So I installed adb in WIN 10 etc, and the same thing happenedā€¦ so I just ignored that, and thats when I did the .\abd and made it work :slight_smile:

Very grateful :slight_smile:
David

=====================
Comments re the previous post:

• Point 1. above was missing one stepā€¦ ā€œApply Updateā€
    So SHOULD BE: S9plus :: eRecovery > Advanced > Enable ADB > Apply Update > Choose from microSD
  • Point 2. above, I had to move the file ā€œe-latest-star2lte.zipā€ into the same folder as the ā€œplatform-toolsā€ so it could find the file to side-load.
    ANDā€¦ I dont know why but the terminal command would NOT work for me, until I put ā€œa dot and backslashā€ in front of the adb command. I think it might be like a sudo addition in linux terminal. But it worked!!
    .\adb sideload e-latest-star2lte.zip
    =====================

Hello David,
I assume that you only mean it in the best sense, but I ask you not to ascribe superlatives Ć  la eOS Guru to me. Yes, I have reached a level of knowledge with which I can master numerous problems around the /e/ OS installation. But I also know that there is much more I donā€™t know and that I make mistakes. After all, I have already turned three Samsung devices into electronic waste, even though Samsung devices are very robust smartphones in themselves.

/e/ OS 'Oā€™reo e-0.14 and eRecovery ā€˜Qā€™ e-0.13-q are not made for each other. We need to get Stock Android 10 with Stock Android Recovery installed on your S9+ for /e/ OS ā€˜Qā€™ and eRecovery ā€˜Qā€™ or TWRP Recovery to work properly.

Can you show me the ā€˜LOGā€™ file ā€˜FAILā€™ from Odin 3.14. as a screenshot according to my example below:

Since the firmware installation with Odin always fails at the same point, I can imagine that there is a defect in a partition of the memory.

If the S9+ was in my hands, I would now try to flash Stock Android 10 again - but with extended Odin options as shown.

The additional Nand Erase and Re-Partition will completely reset S9+ memory structure. Now click on the ā€™ Start ā€™ button to flash the firmware. During the flashing process, " NAND Erase " is displayed in the log field. Once the process is complete, your device will automatically reboot.

Odin 3.14.4 is Samsungā€™s proprietary flash software. So these additional features are provided by Samsung to deeply impact the device. Itā€™s not without risk, like any flash process, which Iā€™ve personally already taken. Please make up your own mind und let uns know.

Update: Images removed by author

1 Like

Good morning @SuzieQ

YES my comments were most respectfully offered, though I understand your comments.

I appreciate your understanding that its best to get the technically preferred position of A10 + eOS Q etcā€¦ if we can achieve that, then I feel I have a phone that should last me years that should also be able to receive security updates etc. That is my objective as this will be my daily driver. I also understand the risk and am happy to be guided by you and will try the Extended Options in Odin when you say to. As you say, letā€™s go :slight_smile:

After your comments yesterday, I upgraded Odin to 3.14 also. I will now attempt A10 flash again and take photos as you requestedā€¦

David

===========
EDIT: Adding photos as requested.
EDIT: Images removed

Hello David,
these photos are from today, so only taken now, right?

That means flashing with advanced Odin options didnā€™t fix the bug, right?

By the way: If you want, you can remove the pictures again,. Picture NĀ° 2 is very significant ā€¦

Hiā€¦

YES images from nowā€¦

NOā€¦ I did the standard flash (no advanced settings) so you could see it BEFORE I took the risk :slight_smile:

Okā€¦ my images have been removed.

I await your comments on my 2nd. imageā€¦ and if I should do the extended flash, I am happy to. I DID NOT keep a copy of your image on that so now I am not sure what it was as far as what I should select in the extended flashā€¦

Hi @ITVAULT, it looks like you like complicated playing, have a try with heimdall

Flashing Samsung Firmware with Heimdall

I have saved the images.

How quickly can you download another stock android 10? device 14 binary 13 do not match.

I am happy to pay a few dollars and do it quickly like I did the other day from that samfrew.com websiteā€¦

If I know exactly what I needā€¦ i think it took 10 mins last time for 5 GB

Is it IMPORTANT to have the SIM in the phone when flashingā€¦ ? as mine is NOT in the S9+ at this pointā€¦ ?

hahaā€¦ actually I am just trying to achieve my objective of a A10 / eOSQ :slight_smile: