Xiaomi Redmi k20 / Mi 9T

Thank you Itsclarence. I’ll try. Do you think about supporting this rom for Mi9t davinci? Some good functions like making a screenshot of the screen with your fingers and navigation of the system with your fingers … do you know if you have a zip file to install these functions or an app? Thank you and congratulations for the work.

I think you should ask main /e/OS project …

Btw you could set up screenshot with long press on power button, in french below:

Yes. To return to the previous screen you click on the arrow below and does not have the function of running your fingers on the screen. Do you use this rom normally? Bank apps like picpay, whatsapp …

Hello everybody. I would like to request the inclusion of the Xiaomi K20 / Mi9t smartphone - davinci. It will be a success to use the Operating System e-foundation and not be dependent on google functions. Thank you if you can give it following that suggestion.

The camera does not open. It gives error continuously and closes. I’ve tried to install the gcam too. Is there a way to install the camera?

Atenciosamente,
Gerardo Júnior

Hi @gera2024, you do not say if you have tested 0.17q.

Some of the issues you raise are common to all or most /e/ builds, but many can be worked around.

My suggestion like @kikislater is that you raise specific issues in the support area so we can all learn to the workarounds or inform devs of the things that need improving.

ANX camera is an option but it is still tricky.

It might be worth trying Simple Camera, but having two camara software may complicate other issues.

Thank you for testing UNOFFICIAL builds, that is the way to get them OFFICIAL. :slight_smile:

I use it every day with whatsapp but replaced with elements … Only one bank app but I don’t knwo what is picpay.

Under 0.17 at this time : still buggy >

• Linphone not working
  • Camera not working
  • no light to enable (camera flash)

Not reliable … back to 0.12 !

Yes. E.17 is not working as said @Kikislater

You didn’t mention 0.17 …
May be I’ll try GSI. But something is wrong since > 0.12. Developers not interested ?

Not better on GSI 0.16 : endless reboot on Mi logo …
Stuck with 0.12

Hi, might you just check whether it could possibly be an install issue.

I realise that you have much more install experience than me, but please could you compare with my experience on Redmi Note 9.

https://community.e.foundation/t/xiaomi-redmi-note-9-merlin/23793/7

Could the issue on your phone have similarities? :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess I am wondering if you have a “favorite” ROM you go back to, or do you use latest MIUI?

I format data each time so it’s a clean install with wipe data.
I will check your posts … hard to follow ^^ What you did just or wrong !

My favorite rom is /e/OS 0.12, don’t like MIUI … and too invasive non respectfull of privacy

The good news is that I got it right in the end!!

When I ordered the phone I had expected MIUI V11, but it arrived as V12. and the V11 method for which I had prepared would not work.

I agree MIUI is increasingly intrusive, and Xiaomi seem to have taken steps to reinforce Android Verified Boot.

However, my understanding is that, /e/ version q will require Android 10 MIUI

Hi all I have installed “e-0.18-q-20210817130473-dev-davinci.zip” on my Mi9T (Model M1903F10G) and I would like to contribute with my test.
Is this the correct place to post the feedback?
is there a test list that I can follow in order to provide a structured feedback?
Many thanks to everyone
Giuseppe

Please share, I’m interested. Btw dont know if there is a check-list.
Where did you find 0.18 for mi9t?

The system is stabile and all the main features (phone 1 sim, WiFi, BT, GPS) works fine. The preinstalled apps work without issue excepted web browser. This app crash many time. I have solved with brave browser ad default browser.
The main problem is related to the photo camera. The software doesn’t recognize the triple camera but only the 12M pixel. I don’t think it’s a problem of the apps used for the photo because using “Hardware info” app the OS recognize only 1 camera. Front pop-up camera works fine.
Now I’m waiting the second SIM in order to test Also the dual sim feature.

Giuseppe

Thank you but seems like what I have reported here :

Hum ok, davinci is officially supported now, I will try again. Need to find how to save my registered wifi networks before.
There is new build => 20210827

Sorry form the question but is there a way to upgrade to the new ROM without losing data?

Does backup and restore could be interested ?

Testing 0.18 from 27/08 : Camera isn’t working … It still works with 0.12. Something is still broken with these builds … Weird experience and update !

This one is working >
e_davinci-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20201007.210013 test-keys

I wonder what is the difference with newer builds !