Feedback for v1.6

Hi,
update for GS290 is now available.
Have fun.

1.5r → 1.6-r-20221202239576-dev-gts4lvwifi
WiFi does not work on Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e (SM-T720) (gts4lvwifi)
My device is rooted however i’ve never had any issues with former upgrades before.

Minor point, I have a new shutter sound on the stock camera app. I like it.

1 Like

Correct! My daughter just got it now. Phone is updating… So I guess it will be released in the next coming days on Fairphone 4 as well.

Same on the FP3 documentation, when R came out I tried sideloading on Q stable with locked bootloader and it did not work. Makes senses, since its locked and protected from software beeing installed without permission on it

I have made a suggestion for it but never heard back from it. I think it is an issue with all devices which can be locked.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your reply. So it’s the test version, for my main phone maybe a bit too risky for containing potential bugs. No other option then waiting for the OTA release for stable.

1 Like

It is marked as release, not RC nor beta, so I believe it is the same image that will be rolled out more widely in the next few days or so.

Mmmm sounds good. And for so far it has been working completely fine for you? Without any complaints during the days you have been using it now?

1 Like

The update to 1.6 (Q, dev) on my S9+ went smoothly :slight_smile: (this update system is a real success in my opinion).

But the GPS is still not working on my daily driver app (migroG update didn’t improve) :frowning:.

I’m starting to consider stopping using e-OS if something as central as a feature for a smartphone can’t be made simply working … 'cause this really prevents me from contributing to scientific research on birds, and it’s definitely something I WON’T stop.

I understand that things are (deadly over) complicated about Android and OSes in general …
But then, why trying to “support” more and more phones each month if the support level is getting lower and lower ?

I would love to recommend e-OS to my friends and family, but I honestly can’t (and not only because of this GPS issue on S9, S10 and alike models).

3 Likes

Yeah, it worked perfectly fine for my usages and nothing obviously wrong happened, so I just jumped to 1.7beta last night and that also went smooth, so it looks like the Emerald is doing well on these two releases.

FP3+
Update does not show up under “System Updates” despite daily manual checks on reliable internet connection
Currently on 1.5-q-20221031230909-dev-FP3

1 Like

Strange. I have a S9 and the GPS is working. Version 1.6q.

Only specific to some apps, like TracBook for the easier to test … and during 10-15 days periods it seems … see details in gitlab ticket.

Release notes via “Show release notes” have the wrong link in e/OS/. They are pointing to the nonexistent 1.6 beta page instead to 1.6.

Normally, you can look them up directly from e/OS/. Go to system updates and press the 3 points on the top right and “Show release notes”.
BUT in this release, the wrong URL is used, and “page not found” is shown. So, here is the link for you:

2 Likes

Still no available OTA update on FP4 running 1.5.1-s-20221102231514-stable-FP4.

2 Likes

1.6 is still not “OTA” released for FP4 at the moment. Should be there next week hopefully :wink:

2 Likes

You can adb sideload when locked, you however cannot fastboot update when locked.

Hi, someone has received the 1.6 update on the Murena one?