Feedback for v1.9

Hello,

Am I the only one with this important battery usage by microG?

Oneplus Nord, avicii, 1.9 S (dev)

Best regards

TmT

• Fairphone
  • FP3+ Refurbished (from Murena shop)
  • /e/OS 1.8
  • Not rooted

I didnā€™t get a notification for the update (nor for some apps in the app lounge). I would never have known there would be an update if I hadnā€™t checked manually.

All is working as expected (as far as I can tell for now) but the new Android quick setting panel UI is just hideous. I thought at first some accessibility option for visually impaired was activated but no, itā€™s just the new horrible design with those big ugly buttons. Damn what were they thinking ? Why turning something that works well to this nightmarish, non-intuitive and impractical crap ? :face_vomiting:
Hope there will be a solution to go back to the classic look (Iā€™ve seen there are freemium apps that do that but NOPE).

Not by Android itself, really, since this is the new design system, called Material3. And Iā€™d rather the eOS developer team spend their time on a stable operating system with reliable privacy functions than trying to revert these UI changes. But those are just my two cents.

5 Likes

Sure /e/os devs have more important tasks to work on. And yes, I doubt Android will change their mind on this, although I have seen lot of complaints about this new UI.
Lets seeā€¦ For now I will just accept and adapt ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Any new UI needs some time to get used to it, give yourself at least 2 weeksā€¦

Dear all,

A quick follow-up on my issues since I installed /e/OS 1.9s on my Fairphone 3:

• I am able to receive text messages but I cannot send any. This is particularly annoying
  • I can connect to my VPN (Mullvad) when on Wi-Fi, not on cellular network
  • I cannot share my connection when on cellular network.

So 2 questions from here:

• Has any of you experienced similar issues ?
  • Is there a quick and easy way to rollback to /e/OS 1.8.x ?

Kind regards

No.

Canā€™t confirm on 1.9-s-20230311268558-dev-FP3 with provider Telekom in Germany.

1 Like

Hey thanks for your answer.

My complete version is the following:
1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP3

Should I jump to a dev version if rolling back is not feasible ? Or maybe it is jumping into more problemsā€¦

Brand: Fairphone
Name: FP3+
CodeName: FP3
Previous version: 1.8.1
Not rooted

My SIM card is not detected anymore.

I have no mobile internet, cannot send or receive SMS and calls since the update today, which is a rather serious issue.

Not into more, but probably into the same ā€¦ factory reset, deleting your data. At least you should be prepared for this if youā€™re feeling adventurous enough to try.

1 Like

Have you tried turning off the phone (no reboot, real shutdown), waiting a few seconds, then turning it on again? When the phone is off, you could also take the SIM card out of the slot and re-insert it.

Else ā€¦ You could try the network reset in Settings - System - Reset options.

Well technically not so taxing, but in terms of time thatā€™s a different story.
So I guess Iā€™ll leave with that for now.

Just to clarify for me: am I right in understanding that issues raised in this thread form base for fixes in the next release ?

Kind regards,

You could still try the same ā€¦

At least they should be noticed, Iā€™m under the impression thatā€™s one reason for these collecting topics per version.

Hi there,
Please, correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but since Fairphone is an A/B slots system, should it be possible to revert back using the other slot, using fastboot ?

• adb reboot bootloader
  • fastboot set_active other

I did it to test if my battery drain changed from a previous build.

Iā€™m quite new with Android possibilities, so Iā€™m not sure if the 1.9 update changed anything that could prevent the phone to work again in 1.8.1 without all these issues.

Edit : Useful link for changing active slot

It is possible to change the slot and boot the OS version prior to the last update.
2 possible problems if you want to keep your data, though ā€¦

• The fastboot command to change the slot might be forbidden with a locked bootloader, I donā€™t know the current status of this. Unlocking the bootloader (as well as locking it) forces a factory reset for security reasons.

• If the OS version on the other slot is on an earlier security patch level, Android rollback protection should kick in when booting it and force-prompt you for a factory reset for security reasons.

1 Like

Hi, donā€™t know whether this is a specific FP4 issue, but since upgrade to 1.9-20230310 my notes do not synchronise/no notes are shown on the note app.

Any suggestions?

App Version: 3.7.1
App Version Code: 3007001
App Flavor: ACCOUNT_MANAGER

Files App Version Code: 402060000

---

OS Version: 4.19.157-perf-g216fd8f647c1(eng.root.20230310.165921)
OS API Level: 32
Device: FP4
Manufacturer: Fairphone
Model (and Product): FP4 (lineage_FP4)

---

com.nextcloud.android.sso.exceptions.NoCurrentAccountSelectedException: Geen account geselecteerd
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.helper.SingleAccountHelper.getCurrentAccountName(SingleAccountHelper.java:47)
	at com.nextcloud.android.sso.helper.SingleAccountHelper.getCurrentSingleSignOnAccount(SingleAccountHelper.java:54)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.main.MainActivity.lambda$onCreate$7$it-niedermann-owncloud-notes-main-MainActivity(MainActivity.java:177)
	at it.niedermann.owncloud.notes.main.MainActivity$$ExternalSyntheticLambda37.run(Unknown Source:2)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:462)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:920)

1 Like

thatā€™s great news!
do you know when v.1.10 is going to come out ā€“ like is it a matter of weeks or months? or is it impossible to say?

After some days I canā€™t say that battery drains so fast as for @Aln.
I could say it lasts less than before. Drains maybe about 2-4% a day more.
But I also changed my office in these days and the could new one could be far from the mobile networkā€¦

Hi, I have tried to turn off the phone, and also remove the card, turn on, turn off, put back the card, turn on, nothing changes.
As you suggested, I did a network reset and again, it didnā€™t fix this issue. Inserting the SIM into the second slot did not either.

In the quick settings, there is no mobile data icon, and in the internet settings, ā€œAppels et SMSā€ and ā€œProfils SIMā€ are grayed out.

At the top of the locked screen / quick settings menu, I have an error message: ā€œCarte non reconnue. ā€” Appels dā€™urgence uniquementā€ (Unrecognized card ā€” Emergency calls only). When the card is removed, I have only ā€œAppels dā€™urgence uniquementā€.
So actually, the card is detected.

I can provide more information if you tell me what would be useful.

1 Like