How to install XPosed Framework?

As a basic foot of cell phone privacy, control of hardware identifiers is essential. Like IMEI.

This is why I need the Xposed Framework.
So far I found 2 ways to do it:

1. The original module found in Androidacy Repository works up to android 8. If one needs to install it on android 9+, it suggests you to download a privately signed APK from its official page.
    This option does not seem reliable to me.
    Even at this moment the site is down.

2. Looking a bit more in the Androidacy Repository I find the Riru - EdXposed which depends on the Riru module. But it only supports up to android R… and I have /e/OS version S.

Additional info

What do you suggest to meet my goal of improving the privacy of /e/OS?

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, I had already read that topic.

I hadn’t realized that LSPosed was a plain alternative to the XPosed Framework.

Maybe you should explain exactly what it is you plan to do. Feels like you are leading up to XPrivacyLua or similar.

From the where/how to install busybox and looking at old Xposed stuff it seems the basics need to be covered first. Read, research, and be careful. Don’t just start throwing in things. You can do some real damage.

Don’t forget, there is usually no (official) support for breakages from the use of third-party mods and tools.
:wink:

1 Like

Yes! It I would like to investigate it. If I directly explain my plan, it takes so long that nobody answers me. I prefer to populate the forum with simple threads. :smile: It’s just kidding, I don’t really have a goal.

What do you think about XPrivacyLua?

Do you think the dependencies on it are reliable? Why they are not on f-droid for example?

A point that I would open in another thread but since you ask, I also include it:
If to install XPrivacyLua I need to previously install an apk from GitHub I must

1. make sure that the download link is the URL of the real project and the official github site.
  2. if the application performs “self-auto-updates” it is essential to verify which sources are connected to.

How to achieve this step 2? How to listen to the connections of each app?

If wanting to use XPrivacyLua(XPL), first step is to install LSPosed.
Installation steps can be found here…
GitHub - LSPosed/LSPosed: LSPosed Framework

After installation you should have the LSPosed manager in your app drawer. If not you can find the apk at / install from /data/adb/lspd/.
You’ll need it to manage modules (enable/disable/update).

Given that Riru is deprecated, more than likely you’ll use Zygisk but check Magisk’s settings to be sure.

I haven’t used XPL since the Lollipop/Marshmallow days. After awhile I realized I didn’t have a need for it.
You can search the forums for prior discussions of it.

Not sure what you mean by XPL dependencies but if you’re referring to the frameworks it depends on (Xposed/EdXposed/LSPosed) then it makes sense they aren’t available in some app store. They are not apps but complicated affairs. Their respective manager apps are available though.

If wanting to use XPrivacyLua(XPL), first step is to install LSPosed.

Sorry, I forgot to clarify that thanks to @piero I immediately proceeded to install LSPosed and later XPrivacyLua with complete success.

I haven’t used XPL since the Lollipop/Marshmallow days. After awhile I realized I didn’t have a need for it.
You can search the forums for prior discussions of it.

Oh! It’s good that it is so, I’m going to proceed to search a little. This is actually a very relevant thread: Is XprivacyLua useful with /e/?

Thanks for everything!

I believe XPrivacyLua isn’t supported anymore.

:cry: …But just it works. Also, that publication says that it doesn’t work with the “Island” but I tried it with Insular and it works perfectly.

Converging the thread of this conversation a bit… I have decided to create a new thread:

After analyzing XPrivacyLua exhaustively, I conclude that

XPrivacyLua doesn’t work on /e/OS version S

Apps gain access to such system calls. Sometimes working a little weird, but they get them anyway.

I am going to proceed to reinstall the system, deleting the LSPosed module, and other apps that are not from a reliable source in my opinion.

1 Like