Issues with last OTA update

Hi everyone, this is an important announcement for users of /e/OS-dev (not pre-install /e/ smartphones):
Yesterday’s OTA update has been reported to cause some issues. It’s been removed until we understand the situation better.
In the meantime, if you have updated to this update and see an error message at boot time asking for Factory reset, don’t do it.
Please wait for further information how to fix this.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

4 Likes

Those who already updated can flash the previous ota update from twrp, that worked for me…

Its in /data/lineagos_updates

3 Likes

It worked for me, too.

Don’t forget to wipe cache/Dalvik.

Indeed. Had to use previous image to get back again. During boot it went back into TWRP.

On an A/B device you can try to just set the OS slot back to the prior one with the non-updated state of the OS …

2 Likes

Hi everybody !
Since the update, I get the issue and my phone doesn’t boot. I unfortunately don’t have previous images since I configured my phone to delete them after install.
I tried install / flash images found on https://images.ecloud.global/dev/fajita/ , with “standard” recovery ui or twrp, without success (older timestamp seems to be problematic). I also tried to change slot (A/B device), but the other slot just boots on bootloader.
Do anybody have an idea ? Or maybe some information about the “further information” which should be coming ? :slightly_smiling_face:

I did a clean install of e-0.12 on my Pixel and everything went well. I was using e-0.11. No problems for now but I will keep an eye on this.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

For the ones who faced a problem when applying the last update (v0.12), we are sorry for the inconvenience. To better understand where the problem is coming from, could you please take few minutes to answer to the following questions? Thank you in advance!

1. Which device do you have?
  2. Which android version do you run?
  3. When did you install /e/ on your device?
  4. When did you try to apply the last update?
  5. How did you apply the update?
  6. What behavior did you faced?
    • Does the device keep bootlooping?
    • Does the device reboot to bootloader or recover after a while?
    • Did you manually to wipe userdata after this caused?
    • Did the device reboot to recovery and ask you to Factory reset data to continue?
  7. Did you faced this behavior previously?
  8. Do you switch to other ROMs on a regular basis on this device, including /e/ test builds?
1 Like

Fairphone 2

About half a year ago.

/e/ updater

No

Yes, reboots to TWRP (recovery)

No

No

No

No

HTH

2 Likes

Hello, here are my info

1. Fairphone 3
  2. Android 9
  3. 2 weeks after the official partnership between fairphone and /e/
  4. When it came out, 3.10.2020
  5. Through the /e/ installer
  6. The device rebooted to recovery and asked to Factory reset data to continue
  7. Never faced this behaviour before
  8. It was the first time I switched to another ROM

Hope this help !

1 Like

My info

1. Xiaomi Redmi 3s
  2. Android 9
  3. About two weeks bevor this e-012 update
  4. When it came out, 3.10.2020
  5. Android OTA updater in /e/
  6. Rebooted to recovery, but doesn’t aks for factory reset
  7. Never faced this behaviour before (but I’m new on /e/)
  8. Second time (LineageOS was the first)

My setup was only two weeks old. When the phone didn’t start after the update, I made a new clean install of this e-012 update. It is still running without problems. The problem seems to be the update from an older version and not the image itself.

Corono

1 Like