- Last week’s devices are yet to be released. The reason for the delay is as under :
- 3 of the devices failed during the build process. We wanted to release all at one go, but due to these failure had to hold back
- The onboarding of the two new ROM Maintainers was not completed in time. …this is due to a delay on the /e/ side
- There is a new process that we are planning to start with this release…read on for more details
- Developer got assigned to work on Fairphone issues …so had to find another resource to take this task up
From last week’s list
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo)
- Sony Xperia 10 (kirin)
- Sony Xperia 10 Plus (mermaid)
- Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager)
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra (discovery)
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (s5neolte)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (Wi-Fi) (gts4lvwifi)…have to check if this build also failed
This weeks new Devices
- Motorola Moto G6 Plus (evert)
- Motorola Moto X4 (payton)
- Motorola Moto Z (griffin)
- Motorola Moto Z2 Force (nash)
- Sony XZ1 Compact (lilac)
- Sony Z5 Compact (suzuran)
- Samsung S8 plus (dream2lte) …last minute addition to the list…this device will be on Pie rest on Q
From last week’s list
- Google PixelXL2 (taimen)
- OnePlus One (bacon)
- Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE (hlte)
- Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini)
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (natrium)
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S (polaris)
( Again here we have had some failures in the build. Waiting for an update)
This weeks’ upgrade list
- HTC One (M8) (m8)
- Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) (a3xelte)
- Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) (a5xelte)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (jfltexx)
- Samsung SIII Neo (Dual SIM) (s3ve3gds)
- Samsung SIII Neo ( Samsung Camera) (s3ve3gjv)
This might look like a long list but since the build system is automated, this is not impossible to achieve.
Expect this list to be cleared during this week.
Install Guides: We are planning to ask our ROM Maintainers to write install guides for the devices they maintain. We will start with a couple of devices planned for last week and move to cover all the devices where we have maintainers.
As you may be aware , unlike Lineage we do not have ROM Maintainers for all devices. Some of the devices we have on our list are too ‘old’ and not available for purchase any more in markets. This means the builds are made without a devices and we are thankful for our users who help with the build testing.
The devices with /e/ ROM Maintainers on the other hand get tested by the ROM maintainers themselves and released.
Installing a custom ROM is not easy and to help make the guides easier and reliable we will ask the Maintainer themselves to write the guides. They will follow the format as shows here.
For the devices without maintainers we will use the current template driven guides format.
- Will add some info to this list to help identify devices with and without maintainers.
- Users can also write easy install guides and post them on the forum in categories specific to their device. If they are good we will always link them to the main documentation
Some bad news… builds for these 5 devices are failing
bacon , gts4lvwifi, hlte , jactivelte , s5neolte
Have asked the developer to check the reasons why this is happening. We will wait for a day while we retry , else release the rest of the devices and hold these back for a later release.
- The v0.14 did not work on some devices specifically on some Samsung …this made us recall the builds . The team is expecting the Q upgrades of these devices to solve this issue. The reason behind this thinking is the upstream code bases be it LOS or applications are mostly on Q which could be the reason behind this instability on older versions of the OS.
- Reason behind the v0.14 build failing on some devices has been identified. The reason was that the manifests changes on LOS or in Github from the device maintainers were not reflecting on our build servers.
- Based on the readyness of the device team to push the upgrades and new devices I shall share the date of the releases.
The following devices have been removed from the upgrades and additions this week
Not being Upgraded - bacon , hlte, m8, a3xelte, a5xelte, s3ve3gds, s3vegjv
New Device not being added - gts4lvwifi , jactivelte , s5neolte, lilac, suzuran
We will push these along with the builds that failed in previous cycles in v0.15…do not ask me what the ETA for v0.15 is as I do not have it as yet…will check and update besides share details of what else will be a part of v0.15
The tentative ETA for v0.15 is end of Feb.
I would like to clarify one point here. You may be a bit concerned with all these build issues and failures … rest assured the team has been working on resolving them.
One of our main problems is the small size of the team. This impacts the closure of some of these issues and results in the delay.
That being said we do not want to restrict the number of devices we support. We have a user base spread across the world and would like to cater to as many devices as we can.
Working on releasing the rest of the devices today
Will share updates on this thread as the week progresses or as and when I have more inputs.