This week it is all about testing.
- We will be starting the testing for v0.17 this week
- There are some big changes coming in as part of v0.17
Among the fixes being tested are
- Refactoring of the code in Apps - Default /e/ App store
- MicroG specific fixes
- Corrections to the Browser links…some of which lead to Google specific pages
- To get a complete list of all fixes coming as part of v0.17 check this link
As you can see there are about 31 fixes in it
18 May There is an issue with the updater app which crashes on checking for new builds. This is delaying the start of testing. We have a fix which will be merged and a test build released for testing team. Post this we plan to start testing v0.17. Hope to get this started in the next two days.
Testing Process Update
- We are working on a new mode of testing.
- What we are proposing is with a simple change in the settings a user can get test or dev builds
- Any one can get access to the test builds without having to sign up
- For those who are eager to try this out let me be clear. There are some disadvantages of the test builds which include
- the test builds will be unstable
- test builds will be frequent
- Ideally do not use test builds on your daily use devices
Will share more details once we ensure that the process works.
OTA OS Upgrade Testing :
This we will start from next week or week 21. This week we are using to find some volunteers who will help with the testing. If you have a telegram and a /e/ Gitlab ID and yes a S9 / S9+ do send in your details and join the testing efforts. User Testing starts from 24 May 2021.
This post will get updated during the week as I have more inputs.