Completed

• FP3 Q to R stable
  • OnePlus Nord Q to R (stable build)
  • Samsung s7/ s7+
  • Samsung s9 / s9+

Upcoming

• Samsung s8 /s8+
    • Pie to S OTA upgrade
    • 2 critical issues were detected with the build. There is an issue around this but it marked internal by the team. Unless resolved, we will not be able to release this build. For now the team is working on resolving these issues.
    • ETA : To be announced :crossed_fingers:
What we mean by OS OTA upgrade - Click to expand or close

:nerd_face: OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade to a higher OS level. Updates will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrades are available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom-builds will not get the notification to install the upgrade build. They will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released, which may result in data loss.

Unofficial ROM build refer the section ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom

Recent Documentation updates
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
  • Pleas update your Docker image to tne latest image we released
  • Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
  • You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
  • After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c ā€˜git lfs pullā€™

:nerd_face: Reason behind these changes:

Due to the large size of the android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks we have switched to using LFS, and now you will need to refer to android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs

End of official support for Nougat, Oreo and Pie šŸ˜ž For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support draws to a close.

Reasons for dropping official support are:

• newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
  • lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
  • no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
  • device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
  • Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability.

:nerd_face: Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.

Device and Vendor specific Announcements

:loudspeaker: Gigaset GS290

• We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.

:loudspeaker: Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners

• Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
  • The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
  • To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.

:loudspeaker: /e/OS Pre flashed device sales

• We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
  • Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
  • In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site

:loudspeaker: Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here

Expect more device releases from Murena in future :grinning:

:nerd_face: Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the operating system.

/e/OS Links

Support

• Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to helpdesk@e.email

Websites

Telegram Channel

Social Media

Newsletters

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

9 Likes

But not for the FP3 yet?
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/

1 Like

This is still for the testing branche I assume from the title of this thread. So no v.1.6 for devices on the stable channel yet.

Checking about this.

1 Like

Hi,

My experience says that normaly, when it says ā€œreleasedā€, it is for all branches. Only the ā€œpartially releasedā€ stands for the dev branch. But maybe Iā€™m wrong.

What is for sure, is that on my FP3, no eOS 1.6 stable is available for now.

2 Likes

Also for FP4. Still no update. But yeah, if they need more time for stable, all good :slight_smile:

edit: although there is 1.6-s (stable) here :thinking:

1 Like

As I said in a previous post, Iā€™ve installed 1.6-s stable in my FP4 on December 9.
Maybe they turned off the tap again after that? Running smooth!

2 Likes

But that was over terminal, if my memory still works. Or OTA?

OTA @lapor !
It went fine.
Cheers

1 Like

aaaa, OTA. Ok, then I have no idea what is going on.
@Manoj maybe some help?

FP4 S OTA should be available soonā€¦ being uploaded to the servers

3 Likes

Got it right now. So FP4 update is rolling out

I dreamed that Dev Team would give FP3 users a Christmas present providing an OS upgrade OTA r to s :blush:

3 Likes

I think Iā€™m missing something here ā€“ I havenā€™t been able to visit the forum for the last couple of months due to technical problems with my router, so slowly coming back.

If Iā€™m running Android 10 / Q on a Fairphone 3, should I get a notification when itā€™s time to upgrade to 11 or 12 (or R or S), or will I need to do this manually?

Depends ā€¦

ā€¦ on whether you are on the dev or stable release channel currently.

Oh I see. As my OS version is 1.5-q-20221031230909-dev-FP3 I presume Iā€™m on the dev release channel.

1 Like

It is there now, thank you! :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s about FP3 with Pie?

Hello Manoj, I am missing sunfish R stable 1.6
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/sunfish/
I understood everything has been released.

On the page it also says ā€˜betaā€™, as far as I know that is obsolete.

1 Like

Passed on to the team. Will update.

1 Like