Status: Undergoing Testing
ETA for release: To be decided
More issues will be added or removed from this list in the next couple of days based on the progress in the testing.
- Devices that missed v1.2
R : bacon - guacamole - lavender
Q : bacon - davinci - marlin - sailfish - surnia
- Will update as to when these builds can be released
Update 23 Aug
- Except for
Baconall the other devices should be available with v1.3
- Bacon has some partition size issues which result in build failure. We may have to drop this device from our supported list.
Check link here
- v1.2 available here
- Sources available here
- R version of GSI has not been released as yet. To be planned based on developer bandwidth
Status: in Progress
- Samsung s9 / s9+
- Samsung s7/ s7+
- Samsung s8 /s8+
- Pie to S OTA upgrade
- ETA Sep end
- Pie to Q
- Q to R OTA upgrade
- Release dates would be after the s8/s8+ OS OTA upgrade
- We are looking for volunteers to help test these OS OTA build
- Check the post here for details.
- Thanks to those who have already volunteered.
What we mean by OS OTA upgrade- Click to expand or close
OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade to a higher OS level. Updates will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrades are available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom builds will not get the notification to install the upgrade build. They will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released, which may result in data loss.
- Difference between /e/OS build types
- We are looking for developers with these skills
- We also welcome community members with technical skills who want to volunteer and help with code updates. You can let me know in the thread or write to email@example.com and share details as to what you want to help with. It would help us understand your skills better if you share some experience of your work done.
For now We are looking to streamline the whole process of volunteer developers helping with the coding / review / merge
- As you may be aware we have a bug bounty program. You can find the details here
Status: Development and Testing
- 70+ devices planned for /e/OS S or Android 12 upgrade.
- Release will be in monthly batches of 20 devices.
- For device details check this list for the device names
- More devices will be added for upgrade
- Please note we have as yet not opened up the code of /e/OS
Sto all users as the addition of patches and testing is still in progress. Attempts to build by forking will result in errors.
Unofficial ROM build refer the section
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
- ETA : September end
Have added a section on the forum where users can share their comments and feedback after a build is released
- Feedback for v1.2 can be read and posted here
- Understanding pings to google servers during setup
- murena.io guide
- How to root /e/OS
- Advanced Privacy
- FP4 Rollback warning added in Install guide. Request users to please read the warnings before starting on the installation process.
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
- A new Docker image has been released
- Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
- You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
- After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c ‘git lfs pull’
Reason behind these changes:
End of official support for Nougat, Oreo and Pie😞 For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support draws to a close.
Reasons for dropping official support are:
- newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
- lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
- no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
- device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
- Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability.
Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.
Device and Vendor specific Announcements
- We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
/e/OS Pre flashed device sales
- We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
- Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
- In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site
Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here
Expect more device releases from Murena in future
Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the operating system.
- Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Support…English
- French public channel
- Community Support,French