Feedback for v1.16

Please share feedback on v1. 16 build for your device and let us know how it is working with applications that you use.

The device build release will be staggered over the next couple of days starting from 24 Oct up to 7 Nov.

The release notes will show up here once we initiate the release

Builds will be rolling out in a staggered manner over the next couple of days. It will be released for a few devices at a time.

We will also have a poll to rate this build.

• I have updated to v1.16 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v1.16 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v1.16 (Please share the issue details on this thread)
0 voters

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name
  • Device name
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

5 Likes

Dear Manoj
I initially thought it’s a bit premature for this announcement, but it seems it’s in accordance with the announcement for this week; initially I think (not sure) the 1.16 was supposed to be available towards the end of the week ?!
Would it be possible to create a thread in which to announce the devices that were updated? It would be helpfull for a lot of folks and would avoid lost time.

Thank you!

L.E. For the idea above I think using bold letters for the revision in https://doc.e.foundation/devices could be a very easy way of knowing if the new version is available or not.
So for now T would mean 1.16 is available for that particular device, and T would mean it is not.

• FairPhone 3+
  • FP3
  • 1.16-rc.4
  • Not rooted

Upgraded yesterday, went flawlessly and quick (0:33 hrs), supposedly through keeping the screen live (see this issue on GitLab).

So far all seems to be good.
Thanks for the good work.

Oooohps.
Didn’t see that.

Anyway, how can I avoid mentioning the RC if it is actually the release I installed on?

You wait until the one without RC is available :wink:

That’s a catch22: I did wait until 1.16 was available - without RC - and truely answered the question which one I installed on.
This IMHO does not qualify as information on or link to a RC.

I personally don’t mind at all, but the motivation behind this restriction is given in the post from which I cited, and I can understand it, it’s potentially confusing for users who don’t see this rc and therefore see no new version until the staggered release reaches their device.

And apart from that, do we know whether rc.4 was the final rc before official release and even if so, whether the official release is a 1:1 match of rc.4, or were there still changes?
As it stands, we don’t know what rc.4 functioning well anywhere is really worth, although it sounds better than possible issues with it, of course :wink: .

You are right in any aspect, and there is still the question remaining unsolved, HOW I can answer this topic without mentioning the release candidate, because I installed on it, and that is one of the answers to be given.
Or should I put it “mysterious” or “unnameable”?
:magic_wand:

Pl stop putting information about test builds on the forum.

The v1.16 release has been postponed to 24th October and be spread up to 7th Nov.
Thread will be opened when we start the release.

3 Likes

Fairphone 4 has now a better sound quality in speakerphone mode

Happy to read that :tada:

1 Like

SM-A310F from /e/OS v1.15_q to /e/OS v1.16_q

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy A3 (2016) - variant SM-A310F
Device CodeName: a3xelte
The device was and is not rooted

Upgrade via sideload:
Everything works as before!

Thanks!

PS
MicroG Services Core on the upgraded system was kept on v0.2.27.223616 regarding the problems reported with https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7064 (which - as usual - hasn’t been touched by the team so far …). (As long as the microG team itself still considers v0.2.27.223616 to be the stable version I will also still stick with it …)

• Sony
  • Xperia XZ2 Compact
  • xz2c
  • Stock ROM
  • bootloader unlocked

Just installed /e OS 1.16 T on stock ROM for a Sony XZ2C… everything seems to be working great, even the camera.
Thank you team !

• Oneplus
  • cheeseburger
  • /e/OS 1.15 T
  • bootloader unlocked

Unfortunately update fails. I have made 2 times the download and after restarting there’s a blue line for completion that starts “filling”; after a small time an error Update failed apears and I only have the reboot now option. Phone completely boots on 1.15 T previously installed.
Is there any explanation for this behavior? The blue line is something new. I suppose it tries something with the firmware/partitions?
As a remark on the text before the update the name it’s LineageOS and not /e OS; a small omision I believe.

• Sony
  • Xperia XZ2 Compact
  • xz2c
  • 1.15T
  • Not rooted

Experience seems basically the same as 1.15T. I’ve just noticed that call volume seems to be stuck at a fairly loud volume. Adjusting the call volume doesn’t appear to work.

With my own xz2c I’ve noticed that since installing 1.15T (and continuing with 1.16T) that the call volume setting doesn’t appear to work. Call volume is stuck at a constant (and for me fairly loud) volume. Is that also your experience, @Cooler?

KB2003 from /e/OS v1.15_t to /e/OS v1.16_t

Vendor Name: OnePlus
Device name: 8T - variant KB2003
Device CodeName: kebab

The system was, but is now no longer Magisk-rooted (please refer to https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7124 , which - as usual - hasn’t been touched by the team so far …)

Upgrade via a bootloader/fastbootd procedure:
Everything works as before!

Thanks!

PS
MicroG Services Core on the upgraded system was kept on v0.2.27.223616 regarding the problems reported with https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7064 (which - as usual - hasn’t been touched by the team so far …). (As long as the microG team itself still considers v0.2.27.223616 to be the stable version I will also still stick with it …)