This list will update as we will add remove issues based on testing results
Status : Released
- The FP3 /e/OS S build will be released early next week. This includes dev and stable builds.
Status : Development and testing
Tor Android 13
- a new and improved version of the Bliss Launcher
- An /e/OS T build for a tablet
The initial builds look very promising. Expect the release in about 1-2 months.
GS290 OS OTA upgrade testing.
User on the verizon network in the US, Testing new devices being released in the US.
What we look for in the testers
The update to NC 25 will be initiated tommorrow 11 May from 3.00 to 6,00 UTC . This upgrade will include performance improvements, bug fixes and security patches.
- Nextcloud 24.0.10 upgrade and a bunch of other fixes have been implemented
- Check out the details of what has been updated or upgraded here
- Current Self hosted eCloud is on NextCloud 24
- Releases notes
- Check this guide for help with the upgrade
It seems that now Nokia doesn’t officially allow unlocking the bootloader. Users may notice that LineageOS wiki has omitted the unlock section and added a warning on their site for example DRG. It was decided that without a dedicated maintainer for the device it would be difficult for us as well as the users to install the nokia devices.
- Download here
- Sources available here
- version is /e/OS Q (A10)
- S (A12) and R (A11) version of GSI yet to be planned. Awaiting developer availability
- Oneplus nord aviccii >> A12(stable)
- FP4 >> R ( A11) to S (A12)stable
- FP3 >> R (A11) to S (A12) stable
- FP3 >> Q (A10) to R (A11) stable
- OnePlus Nord >> Q ( A10) to R (A11) (stable build)
- Samsung s7 / s7+ >> Nougat (A7) to Q (A10)
- Samsung s9 / s9+ >> Oreo (A8) to Q (A10)
- Samsung s8 /s8+ >> Pie (A9) to R (A11) OTA upgrade
- Galaxy S9/S9+ Q (A10)→ Android 11 (R)
- GS290 Q (A10)→ Android 11 (R) Testing to start
Users are informed that we plan to drop support for multiple operating systems on the same device. To explain further, let us take an example. If a device has Pie or Android 9, Q ( A10) and R (A11) /e/OS versions showing up for download, we will be building and supporting the latest version only - in this case R (A11).
Users are advised to upgrade to the latest version of the OS for their device to avoid being stuck on unmaintained OS versions. In most cases, this would be a manual upgrade which would require you to take a backup.
Supporting multiple OS versions can causes issues of compatibility with applications as most only work correctly on the latest OS. Multiple OS builds also require storage space and consumes time and resources for maintenance.
Update: The plan has been initiated. We will be supporting only the latest OS versions for each device moving forward. Users will need to start updating their devices on to the latest /e/OS OS version available.
Check realtime availability of /e/OS and related services websites
OS upgrade info specific to the FP3The FP3 OTA OS update from Pie to Q/R is not possible as encryption method changed on FP3 between Pie and Q/R. It is not possible to change the method while updating. The team spent a great deal of time on this, but has not been able to resolve this problem. For now, the manual process is the only way to upgrade the FP3 from pie to other OS versions.
What we mean by OS OTA upgrade - Click to expand or close
OTA OS upgrade means the upgrade to a higher OS level. Updates will be delivered Over the Air (OTA). The OTA upgrades are available on official builds only. Users who have unofficial or custom-builds will not get the notification to install the upgrade build. They will have to manually download and flash the Q builds once they are released, which may result in data loss.
- Difference between /e/OS build types
- Unofficial ROM build refer the section
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
Recent Documentation updates
- Understanding pings to google servers during setup
- murena.io guide
- How to root /e/OS
- Advanced Privacy
- FP4 Rollback warning added in Install guide. Request users to please read the warnings before starting on the installation process.
- Teracube 2e (2021) is Not supported on Easy Installer as yet. The emerald version of 2e (2022) is supported.
- To understand the difference between the 2e and emerald refer to this guide from the Teracube forum
ROM Builders - Unofficial and Custom
- Pleas update your Docker image to tne latest image we released
- Those building using traditional repo sync method refer android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs
- You will have to install git-lfs (sudo apt-get install git-lfs)
- After completing a repo sync, you will have to run repo forall -c ‘git lfs pull’
Reason behind these changes:
End of official support for Nougat, Oreo and Pie😞 For Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support draws to a close.
Reasons for dropping official support are:
- newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
- lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
- no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
- device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
- Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability.
Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.
Device and Vendor specific Announcements
- We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
/e/OS Pre flashed device sales
- We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
- Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
- In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site
Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here
Expect more device releases from Murena in future
Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the operating system.
- Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to email@example.com
- Community Support…English
- French public channel
- Community Support,French